Bizarre Stomach Bug :o(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre Stomach Bug :o(

Thursday at around 4 I started to feel a little naseous but it felt more like an asthma attack to me ( I only have one every few months...so-thankfully-I haven't experience the feeling in a while). DH works til 430 so I asked him to make sure he left right at 430 since I wasn't feeling good. He did, and helped with the kids til 5:30. I just felt a little naseuous by that point.

5:45, kids are gone, I laid in bed. 6:00-running to vomit. During the next 6 hours, I vomited 3 more times. I was exhausted the next morning but I told the parents I'd open for anyone who needed me. 1 kid threw up that am so they stayed home and 2 others stayed home. I had 3 still come. DH stayed home to help and I didn't have any more vomit but just really bad stomach pains. The fever came at night after the kids left.

Saturday I just rested and only had the stomach pains. I can keep food down (I'm doing the toast, crackers, rice, ginger ale thing....)but I still have random knots in my stomach throughout the day. Same thing today. Fever came back for a while and then left.

Anyone had a stomach bug like this before?? The fact that it hasn't spread like crazy makes me wonder if something else is going on with me. The girl who threw up only did once and felt fine, so maybe that was unrelated?

Ugh, I'm ok at the moment, but an hour ago I was curled up in a ball in pain. DH and my mom are ready to help tomorrow but I'm so confused as to what is going on! I think I'll wait and see if I have any more pains, and make a Dr appt in the am.

Thanks for listening to my drama

Sounds like it's headed to the bottom now. I'd call the Dr. tomorrow if you're not feeling any better. 4 days isn't a typical stomach virus.

I'm shocked that parents sent children to you to watch after you were vomiting all night.

Comment

Do you have your appendix? It almost sounds like appendicitis

Comment

Norovirus comes to mind. It's going around our area and has become so bad, local hospitals and nursing homes are telling people to avoid visiting patients in an effort to stop the spread in those facilities. Day care parents with school age kids are telling me it's spreading like crazy in the schools, too. From what I've been hearing, symptoms sound similar to what you've described. Some have developed diarreah as well. It really sounds like a nasty stomach bug to have! I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Working...
        X