No announcement yet.

Tom's Blog Post On The ADA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already learning sign language, along with my babies. I'm using the signing time videos, so it's minimal, but I find myself using signs all the time with my little ones. It makes a difference I think.

I don't mind learning new things or working a little harder, but I simply can't afford any more major expenses, like ramps or new plumbing fixtures.

I learned a lot about ADA when I spent a couple of months in a wheelchair. I learned that they can call a restroom accessible, but it doesn't mean it is. One of our favorite restaurants had only one restroom for women. It was at the end of a hallway wide enough for a wheelchair but not wide enough for the chair to make the turn into the restroom or to back out when leaving. The kitchen was next door, and one day, I got trapped, couldn't move, the waiters couldn't get past me with the food, and it was really awkward. Say what they will, it was not accessible. I had a new respect for the whole issue after that!

But, if I must, I must. I was just curious how much of an issue it had been for others.

Comment

Working...
    X