Child Care Calendar Keeper !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Care Calendar Keeper !!

I just have to share my excitment with everyone. After reading all the great advice I decided to order the Calendar Keeper !! It came in the mail today and I can't wait to get started filling in my info. So do you other provider's use it and is there any tips to figuring it all out

Related thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36483

Comment

Been using them for years. LOve it!

Comment

I bought it one year but didn't keep up with filling it in - I find it easier to use the computer for that stuff.

Comment

I started it this year, and I love it!! I've always put business records (previous business-not day care) on the computer. I've learned that with dc, it's easier for me to use the calendar. I don't always have the computer handy (no smart phone), but I always have a pencil handy.

I've even started keeping the expenses for my husband's business in the calendar (not a lot involved) in one of the columns I don't need. I keep my time outside of children on the calendar page. I print off the food form (in the back-it's available for download on the redleaf website for free) for my meals, and I keep the payments on the attendance page. I also have payments in the receipt book that I give to parents. I don't keep attendance in here though. I have a book type journal for parents to sign. I'm not sure that is the best option though. I may change to a loose paper style next month.

One thing that worried me is what a bookkeeping mess I would have in case of fire or tornado or something. So, at the end of the month, I scan all of the pages into a computer file called something like childcare_january2012. My computer is backed up with Carbonite, so even if I lost the computer or it crashed or something, I can still retrieve my files. This is why I'm going to change to a sign in sheet instead of a sign in book--much easier to scan.

Comment

now I'm curious, I need to see this.

Comment

I've been using it since 1985. I worship that thing.

The neat thing is, I still have all of them. It's so cool to look back at them over the years. I have kids of kids I had back in the 80s.

I do all of my taxes out of it. The worksheets provided are perfect and easy.

It's MUCH, MUCH better if you keep receipts as you go along, but i get to about March, and it all falls apart, and I end up fixing it all in January.

Comment

so I went and found it and I'm going to order it this afternoon, thats exactly what I was looking for, its perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
                  so I went and found it and I'm going to order it this afternoon, thats exactly what I was looking for, its perfect.
                  I know..Im excited to get it all filled out. Glad you found it and are now in the Calendar Keeper club Im just now trying to figure out how to fill in my dck's hours b/c the blocks are small :\

Comment

Working...
                  X