Annoying "Jokes" From DCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying "Jokes" From DCD

I have been watching DCG1 since September. I met the family through my mom who indirectly works with DCD.

Well, DCD is always "joking" with me and it's starting to really tick me off as I don't find his "jokes" funny.

So here is an example:
    Monday, I called DCM to see if she could pick up DCG a little early as I wanted to make an appt to get my taxes done. She agreed and there was no problem.

So, this morning when DCD dropped off, I double checked with him that DCM was picking up DCG early. He says (with 100% straight face), "nope, she is coming at normal time" I say, "well I talked to her Monday about it. I will just give her a call again". He says, "No I am just joking."

Ummmm .... ok

Next he says, "I think we should get some kind of discount for having to pick her up early" I told him if he wanted to pay me hourly, then I would get back to him with my rates. He just laughed and said he knew how much he paid me hourly and it couldn't go up. I said, "It will go up" He just laughed and left.

My mom always tells me he has a weird sense of humor, and clearly he does, but I don't think it's funny. I find it to be rude and disrespectful honestly. I wanted to go off on him after he said he thinks he should get a discount. I have worked later than agreed upon for them and they have paid late without any fees for at least 4 or 5 times. I wish I would have said if he wanted to nickel and dime me that HE owed ME money!!!

What would you do in this situation?

That would annyoy me on many levels. I can't stand people like that.

Comment

These are the people you give a stern good morning to and get them in & out.

Comment

I would've like to think I would've said "Well, lets call this one catch up for the times you guys have picked up late." But I always think of smart come backs AFTER the conversation has already happened ::

Comment

Look at the Dad and in with a straight face and a normal voice say "oh I did not realize you where making a joke." Then go on with your day. Two of my children have a sense of hummor that no onelse gets. That is how we handel it and over time it does help because, they start to realize that somethings are not funny to other peopl Only them.

Comment

I sure did. It started with DCD helping himself to a 12pk of pop sitting on the table. Then he cut my check short by $50! When I told him it wasn't right, he said, "haha, yeah, I just wanted to see if you'd notice or not. haha. I'll get you the rest after work." Really?! That just means another trip to the bank for me. I didn't find that funny at all. The last straw was him telling my assistant she was looking good and told her that he could pay her a lot more than I was paying her if she wanted to go work for him. I called him out on it in front of her. "DCD, you have a hard enough time paying me the $750 a month you owe me, how you gonna afford to pay her $300 a week?!" He laughed and left. I sent a probation letter home stating that my assistant was uncomfortable with the harrassment and gestures and I stated that it needed to stop or services would be terminated.

DCD came in and asked why it was so hard for her to take a compliment. I didn't respond to him. 2 days later, (I wasn't in the room but I was within ear shot) heard him offer her $400 a week if she'd go work for them. She just laughed and said no amount of money was going to change her mind.

That day DCM was greeted with the children, their belongings and their termination letter. DCD had enough audicity to show up an hour later apologizing. Apparently he thought that was going to fix everything because he showed up again the next day with kids in tow. I didn't answer the door!

Comment

Originally posted by wdmmom View Post
              I sure did. It started with DCD helping himself to a 12pk of pop sitting on the table. Then he cut my check short by $50! When I told him it wasn't right, he said, "haha, yeah, I just wanted to see if you'd notice or not. haha. I'll get you the rest after work." Really?! That just means another trip to the bank for me. I didn't find that funny at all. The last straw was him telling my assistant she was looking good and told her that he could pay her a lot more than I was paying her if she wanted to go work for him. I called him out on it in front of her. "DCD, you have a hard enough time paying me the $750 a month you owe me, how you gonna afford to pay her $300 a week?!" He laughed and left. I sent a probation letter home stating that my assistant was uncomfortable with the harrassment and gestures and I stated that it needed to stop or services would be terminated.

DCD came in and asked why it was so hard for her to take a compliment. I didn't respond to him. 2 days later, (I wasn't in the room but I was within ear shot) heard him offer her $400 a week if she'd go work for them. She just laughed and said no amount of money was going to change her mind.

That day DCM was greeted with the children, their belongings and their termination letter. DCD had enough audicity to show up an hour later apologizing. Apparently he thought that was going to fix everything because he showed up again the next day with kids in tow. I didn't answer the door!
              He sounds CREEPY!

Comment

Working...
              X