What Do You All Sanitize With?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You All Sanitize With?

Just wondering what you all sanatize/clean with and how often you clean what? I am just wondering as I am new to this and am wondering if I do enough or maybe to much or to often?

Originally posted by REWALKER04 View Post
    Just wondering what you all sanatize/clean with and how often you clean what? I am just wondering as I am new to this and am wondering if I do enough or maybe to much or to often?
    I use bleach, lysol, soap and water, and I do it as needed. I also use my dishwasher. Vinegar too- I use baby wipes to clean and dust too. For my floors I use lavender pine-sol

Would love to hear what everyone else uses and does-

Comment

Originally posted by REWALKER04 View Post
      I use bleach, lysol, soap and water, and I do it as needed. I also use my dishwasher. Vinegar too- I use baby wipes to clean and dust too. For my floors I use lavender pine-sol

What scent does everyone use in there daycare? I tend to use Scentsy, or Yankee. I love blueberry cheesecake, and seem to scent my place according to seasons or Holidays. Spring I will put out fresh scents, same with summer, Fall I will use pumpkin and fallish type scents that I like. Christmas- Christmasy scents.

Blueberry is a scent I like all year

Comment

wash with warm soapy water rinse with clear water ( a must as soap nuetralizes bleach) then sanitize with a bleach spray, in MO it is 200 ppm and we must use test strips.. something like 1/8 to 1/4 t per quart of water. It depends on your city water. Then let air dry. Other states it is higher like 1 T per gallon.

You can not sanitize too much

Lysol works for floors but remember you can not use it on mouthable surfaces ( like toys) not things that come into contact with food. ( like kitchen counters)

Most children do not lick the floor.
        It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
          Most children do not lick the floor.
          :: I must not have "most" children then! LOL!!

I am like My3cents and use bleach, Lysol, Mr Clean and soap and water where and when needed. I also use Odo-ban as it smells wonderfully clean and is anti-bacterial. I also use my dishwasher for sanitizing certain things.

The scents I choose are, cinnamon (mostly during the holidays) and right now I am loving the Lavendar Vanilla. I used to always go for the clean linen or something similar like fresh cotton. Anything floral makes me gag! (insert vomit emoticon here) I LOVE the smell of Mr Clean!!

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post

What scent does everyone use in there daycare? I tend to use Scentsy, or Yankee. I love blueberry cheesecake, and seem to scent my place according to seasons or Holidays. Spring I will put out fresh scents, same with summer, Fall I will use pumpkin and fallish type scents that I like. Christmas- Christmasy scents.

Blueberry is a scent I like all year
            Oh...I LOVE Scentsy!!! I especially love any of the spicy scents for any time of year. Florals make me get a headache sometimes so I use my Christmas and fall type scents all the time. And I love that you don't have to blow them out so they are not a danger!!!!

I use steam mop on my floors and lysol wipes on door handles and such. Hot soapy water for toys. I never thought of using the dishwasher. I am going to try that.

Comment

All the plastic stuff goes in the dishwasher, then sprayed with lysol disinfectant.I lay everything out on a big towel to dry. (in my state I can use stuff other than bleach if it says that it kills 99.9 % of household germs.
              Lysol floor cleaner, lysol wipes for the changing table, and most surfaces. Its a constant rotation of cleaning(esp with the toys that get mouthed! and everything gets washed and sanitized on the weekend.
              Each state is diffrent as to the regs on sanitizing though.
              The dishwasher is great esp if you have a sanitize setting on it. A lot of toys are being made dw safe which is great.
              Debbie

Comment

Sanitizing

Where do you purchase the test strips? I live in Kansas city mo.

Comment

I save the wax from my scentsy and make candles out of it. The smells come back and it smells wonderful!
                  Each day is a fresh start
                  Never look back on regrets
                  Live life to the fullest
                  We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

I have BlueBerry scentsy going right now!!! I always have a candle or my scentsy going at drop offs and pick up times so the house doens't smell like diapers or smelly kids! I use bleach, Lysol, and Mr Clean to sanitize with.

Comment

Does walmart sell the scentsy warmers and wax?

Comment

Originally posted by Oneluckymom View Post
                        Does walmart sell the scentsy warmers and wax?
                        Yes and they are soooooo cheap!
                        Live life to the fullest

Comment

wait, scenties are non flame candles?

Comment

No, they are little cubes of wax that you melt. The holders have a low wattage lightbulb that melts the wax in the dish and it give off a scent as its heated.
                            Live life to the fullest

Comment

Country kids - thanks for the tip about using the Scentsy wax to make candles. I go through a lot of Scentsy so this will be great!

Comment

Working...
                              X