No announcement yet.

Am I in the Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was all on the parents side until I read the rest of your story. Now I am on your side.

At my former center we would require all drop ins to call 24 hours in advance or at the latest first thing in morning. I asked my former director what would happen if we took a drop in and we were full, and a FT child came in late (its happened!). My former director made the comment that she would call the drop ins parent to pick up the child and she would refund the money.

That being said: IMO this parent is not a full time client since she pays after the fact, contract or no contract. So IMO her spot is not guaranteed. However I also believe IMO that you should not charge ANY parent an inconvenience fee. The parents are paying you for a service and they are paying you for this service regardless if they use it or not. Kinda like a phone bill. You are still paying for it even if you make no phone calls.

Is it rude for the parents not to inform you? Of course. However you shouldn't make any extra money just for their lack of respect.

Comment

I have it in my policies that they pre pay a week in advance and that if they dont show or call within an hour the spot is gone for the day, I dont care if its not fair to the parents to make them pay a fee for a service they arent using, they contracted for my time and it is beyond rude to not take 2 minutes to call and say they arent coming, it is UNFAIR to us as providers to be walked on and treated disrespectfully just because we are 'home'. Charge her whatever your contract states and dont feel bad, also present her with another contract telling her that she has till the end of the week to sign it and pay in advance like your other clients or she will be terminated, the fact that she just wont says what she is like, if she had honest intentions to pay her bill she wouldnt mind paying in advance, this is your business,run it how you want and get the respect you want by inforcing your rules, good luck.
      kiddiecare

Comment

Working...
      X