Suggestion On Summer/Winter Toys For Outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion On Summer/Winter Toys For Outside

I am looking into buying some more summer toys for outside. As yes I am looking forward to getting outside in the warmer days. But I am wondering what the must haves for kids are. I have a slide/climbing toy. I have a sandbox, a few ride on toys,water table, hulla hoops, etc. but wondering what you have that the kids just love!

Also wondering what you all use for toys outside in the winter? I would like to invest in some of these too as I feel there is not alot I have to play with outside in the winter.

I just opened my daycare a few months ago so Just wondering what you thought I should invest in!

Balls! My kids cannot get enough playground balls!

Winter favorites are:
    saucers (for sliding) and sleds for pulling each other around,
    Tonka trucks (snow is just as much fun as sand),
    water bottles to put water w/food coloring in so the kids can spray paint the snow, and
    block makers so they can shape blocks of snow into forts etc.

I also leave my Little Tikes Castle, houses and cube climber out all winter. THey hold up nicely and the kids play in them just as they would in the summer months.

Comment

i meant to post this in the provider section but messed up! But Im open to suggestions from anyone even parents (as not only am I a provider Im also a parent )so thats okay!

Comment

Originally posted by REWALKER04 View Post
        i meant to post this in the provider section but messed up! But Im open to suggestions from anyone even parents (as not only am I a provider Im also a parent )so thats okay!
        moved.

I think you can do this too by using the drop down menu that says "thread tools" in the upper right corner.

(I can't remember if those tools are visible to everyone or only mods. )

Comment

thanks so much! new to this place so dont know how to do all that fancy stuff !

Comment

Winter:
            Sleds with a handle
            buckets and shovels
            trucks and cars (big ones)
            snowman kits (I make these out of felt)
            Chalk for days when the sidewalk is clear
            Sticks, rocks, pinecones etc for decorating snow creations

Summer:
            Sandbox and toys
            Water table
            Climbers
            hula hoops and skipping ropes
            Big trucks again
            Tent

It's basically the same stuff summer and winter here. They just do different things with them.

Comment

Loving this thread! Glad you started it!

Comment

I actually set up my outdoor area much like my indoor one.

We have a sand box, mud kitchen with all the "supplies", dolls and strollers, a building area, a teepee with some books, a woodworking table, art easel and table, a water wall and water table, music area, a picnic area to eat, our veggie patch, plus all your typical outdoor toys, climbers, and ride-ons.

when the weather is nice, the only time we go in is to use the bathroom.

Comment

nobody has a swing set? we love ours. did somebody say a wagon?

Comment

I like the idea of an area for reading and set up different stations like indoors. THanks! Ahhh the thought of summer ! maybe I will not be so pastey white this summer, as I plan on us being outside ALOT!

Comment

Originally posted by melskids View Post
                      I actually set up my outdoor area much like my indoor one.

We have a sand box, mud kitchen with all the "supplies", dolls and strollers, a building area, a teepee with some books, a woodworking table, art easel and table, a water wall and water table, music area, a picnic area to eat, our veggie patch, plus all your typical outdoor toys, climbers, and ride-ons.

when the weather is nice, the only time we go in is to use the bathroom.
                      Do you have a design for a simple teepee that won't fall down??

Comment

As i am new to this place, i don't have any idea. Came to know many things from this, really love this thread.happyface

Comment

Working...
                        X