Possible New Client In The Works...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Client In The Works...

Had a parent email me through an add I had placed looking for a qualified substitute for my child care, although I don't know if she didn't see my daycare add or what because I had one for that too..anyway, has a young infant so would be the youngest I have had so far if I end up with infant. Wanted to know if I did daily or weekly care and what I charged. Told her depended on hours/days parents need and that I normally do weekly ft or pt care and occassional drop in care depending on availability.

I currently have two spaces still open that I could accommodate full timers so I don't want to use those for anymore pt. I have one pt that comes on tues and wed, I know weird days but that is what mom wanted and I wanted to at least fill a pt spot because for two days I am making pretty good for that..so that leaves mon, thurs and fri open for a pt spot of two days or a ft spot of 3, I prefer to do it as two days and still leave a drop in avail on the other day. Anyway, mom was looking for one day in particular and I told her I could do it as drop in but space is not a guarantee (it is until I fill those last two frustrating hard to find spaces)....we have been emailing back and forth and I figured when I told her I could only do as drop in or pt the other days (not the day she was looking for but she works from home so may have flexibility on the day) that I wouldn't hear back but I did and she is wanting to come for a visit in the next few days in the am and do what is needed for him to stay as a drop in that day and see how it goes/I guess how he does, etc and then she said she would consider a pt spot if it goes well.

I of course will let her do the drop in thing a couple times to see how she likes it and to see how the infant does in our little group (the drop in day she wants is when I have a challenging older child in the group who requires a lot of attention and guidance so I am not crazy about it but will accommodate for a few times to see how it goes, in the event that it goes well and she wants him to have the pt spot the other days.

I am hoping I don't end up with yet another no show or someone who thinks they will be using the drop in day for an extended period of time.

Any suggestions, I really really need more kiddos and more $ coming in which is why I offered the pt spot to her on the other days but I don't want to take another ft spot away to accommodate her one day she originally asked for if that makes sense.:confused:

Fingers crossed that next week I will not have a horrible day with those two and that things will go pretty well and maybe in a week or two will have a better idea if I will have filled the rest of the week with the infant in the pt spot opposite the older child I have currently...that would be great financially.

I had a few calls after new years and thought I had one spot full only for the parent to find a family member to do it for her after wanting to pay to hold the spot but before we did the actual paperwork for it...ugh, and no calls since, nada, zip!

Hoping all works out well for you! happyface

Comment

just do what works for you. you dont have to keep accommodating drop in long term if you come up with a full timer.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have gotten quite a bit better at holding the line and saying what I will do without compromising what I want to do...even though I still need a coupke more kids...I am almost to the six month mark and God has helped me make it this long, i am faithful some kids will turn up before long and that I will be full before I just cant o it anymore financially

Comment

Working...
        X