Back Is Best.....Until How Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Is Best.....Until How Old?

I have a 9.5 month old DCG who has in the last two months been wanting to sleep on her stomach.

I use a sleep sack, proper crib, and ALWAYS back to sleep.

In all the talk on this subject I can't remember hearing when it is safe to allow them on their tummies? She flips over every time, thankfully she has learned to sleep through me flipping her back! What age is it OK to allow them to sleep as they want?

I think once they know how to turn over themselves there isn't much you can do beside keep a close eye on them.

Comment

I agree with Blackcat. I've also been told not to flip them back over.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I have always heard that once they can flip themselves over that it is best to allow them to sleep in whatever position they adopt. You're always supposed to lay them down on their back, and then let them go from there.
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
            I have always heard that once they can flip themselves over that it is best to allow them to sleep in whatever position they adopt. You're always supposed to lay them down on their back, and then let them go from there.
            happyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyface

Comment

I'm probably too cautious - based on the other responses - but I will flip them back onto their backs unless they are able to do that themselves. I've had quite a few babies that could get themselves onto their tummies, but it took a bit of time before they were able to get themselves back onto their back once they flipped.

Comment

I agree with you and flip kids back to their back until they can roll back to belly and belly to back with ease.
                Celebrate! ::

Comment

About it being safe once they can flip themselves on to thier back. Someone here posted that the first few weeks that they flip themselves over is the most dangerous time for tummy sleeping.

Comment

Thanks for all the responces!

She is a really strong baby, and can flip and move in all directions. I will (as always) continue to keep a close eye on her.

She has a lot of snot today (all clear--no fever)what possition do you think is best for a snotty baby?

She is currently sleeping n her tummy with her knees pulled up under her

Comment

Once she can comfortably flip back and forth, she chooses. Stop bugging her!

Every infant I know chooses tummy, rear in the air once they can! It suits the shape of their little bodies....

SIDS is most common in age 2-4 months, and very unlikely after 6 months of age.

Comment

It is correct- when babies are strong enough to roll over, they say it is safe. It still doesn't make it any easier on us. I have a 4 month old right now, that rolls over already. She can lift her head really good already. I will turn her back over, and she flips right back.

Comment

Originally posted by bbo View Post
                          Once she can comfortably flip back and forth, she chooses. Stop bugging her!

Every infant I know chooses tummy, rear in the air once they can! It suits the shape of their little bodies....

SIDS is most common in age 2-4 months, and very unlikely after 6 months of age.
                          This is how I do it, too......
                          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                            This is how I do it, too......
                            Thanks! I know if you Catherder recomened this, I can count on it!

Comment

Originally posted by MsMe View Post
                              Thanks! I know if you Catherder recomened this, I can count on it!
                              indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X