Crib or pnp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crib or pnp?

About a month from now, I'll be getting a 6 week old. I can't decide whether to buy a crib for him or use one of my pnp. All of my kids are in pnp for the moment (16-17 months old), but that won't last much longer.

Based on your experience (bending, lifting, convenience, etc) should I use one of my pnp or get him a crib? I don't mind the expense of a crib if it is more convenient or safer.

If you think a crib is best, what do you use? Regular crib or folding mini crib?

All suggestions are welcome.

This is my first newborn, and I am completely at a loss. I just had step-kids and they came to me potty trained with all their teeth! One came complete with a drivers license. I tried to get out of keeping him, but I don't want to give up sister, and mom said she has complete trust in me, I did fine with his sister. Yes, but she was 6 months old! So, in addition to crib advice, how about your favorite newborn/tiny baby tips?

I'd check out your new crib regulations before buying anything.

The new rules seem to vary by region. :confused:

My next one will be a portable/mini crib from target since it meets all the new standards (Dream on Me, or Delta Foldable). A full size crib will take up too much room and my State is phasing out PNP's.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

My pack and play has a bassinet attachment. Its like a netting that the pnp mattress lays in so I don't have to bend say down. Most pnps have them nowadays! Works great.

Comment

Make sure you check your dc regs, in my state we are not allowed to use a regular sized crib anymore.
        Debbie

Comment

I do PNP's with the bassinet insert so I don't have to lean over all of the time. Once they can roll or weigh over 15 lbs,, no more insert. I have my 2 7-month olds in PNP's. I pulled the inserts before Christmas.

Comment

Working...
          X