Clear All

• Missing Nannyde

.......and Crystal too. Just not the same without them around more :-(
    Just sayin'
    Jem

Yup. Me too. What happened?

Comment

I do too.

Can't say I blame them though, they do seem be 'targets' quite frequently when they post. That would get old for me.

Comment

I would imagine that Nannyde may be taking some time to concentrate on her consulting business.

I've noticed that Crystal tends to take a break from this forum when she gets a lot of grief, plus she has a forum of her own I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DCMom View Post
          I do too.

Can't say I blame them though, they do seem be 'targets' quite frequently when they post. That would get old for me.
          Exactly....everyone seems to "target' her as the bad guy when she posts but then everyone misses her when she is gone. I completely understand why she is MIA.

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
          I would imagine that Nannyde may be taking some time to concentrate on her consulting business.

I've noticed that Crystal tends to take a break from this forum when she gets a lot of grief, plus she has a forum of her own I think.
          I think Crystal has a lot of stuff on her plate and I also agree that she gets quite a bit of grief when she does post.

BOTH are wonderful in what they do and believe passionately in what they do as well. They are a wealth of knowledge and we were/are lucky to have learned what we have from them.

Comment

Getting treated like **** while giving out FREE valuable advice from actual experience after being ASKED does have a way of making people less willing to offer it.

It is also possible that after a while you have answered it all and nobody is listening.......

I think that is the nature of internet forums....it becomes redundant and I can imagine the need to find mental stimulation elsewhere for a while.

I am pretty sure that is how we all ended up here to begin with...

I am also pretty sure we will all find our way back......
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Actually, I have noticed that things are much nicer and calmer on here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                BOTH are wonderful in what they do and believe passionately in what they do as well. They are a wealth of knowledge and we were/are lucky to have learned what we have from them.
                I agree with this, and would add that there are A LOT of providers who contribute here regularly that I have learned so much from - not just the long-term providers, but new providers as well .

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
                  I've noticed it too. And I'm finding that the advice actually makes sense.
                  Last edited by Michael; 01-20-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
                    I agree

Comment

I LOVE this forum

I think I can say that out of all the regulars on here...I have both agreed and disagreed with each one and that's the beauty of it!! It's like having access to a living , breathing encyclopedia of knowledge that I can use to my advantage!!

Love ya ladies! And Dave and Michael LOL!

Comment

I've never noticed Nanny getting any grief. I've seen it with Crystal, but she gives as good as she gets, and tends to word things in such a way that people would immediately be offended.

I don't read enough of the posts to see if there have been any real bickering on here, or how it happens. When I do see the bickering, I'm usually so far behind that I don't know what's going on.

Comment

I have to say that this forum has been my handbook to everything daycare! It has also kept me sane as I transitioned from the "real world" to being stuck at home...ykwim? Nannyde was very active when I first came on here last spring/summer. I have to say that I often didn't "get" her advice. I was a novice. I wasn't yet providing home daycare. I still believed that the majority of people out would treat me fairly, just because it is the right thing to do. As I am getting deeper into daycare, I find myself seeking out Nanny's former posts. Now I "get" it! I can see why people would leave and never come back. It is one thing to share opinions, but sometimes women can become down right mean, especially in the mostly anonymous world of the internet. In any case, I do appreciate all of the great advice I get here! lovethis
                          MnMum married to DH 9 years
                          Mum to Girl 21, Girl 18, Boy 14.5, Boy 11

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko60 View Post
                            I LOVE this forum

I think I can say that out of all the regulars on here...I have both agreed and disagreed with each one and that's the beauty of it!! It's like having access to a living , breathing encyclopedia of knowledge that I can use to my advantage!!

I agree! happyface

I am who I am and my program is what it is because of this forum, and everyone here.

Nannyde and Crystal are opposite ends of the spectrum, but I have learned SO much form BOTH of them and EVERYONE else here.

lovethis

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko60 View Post
                              I LOVE this forum

Appreciate the love

Comment

Working...
                              X