Help! Sign In Sheet Privacy Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Sign In Sheet Privacy Issue?

So I took advice from another thread and began having my parents sign in/out daily instead of me logging their attendance. But I notice they are all using the child's full name (first and last) on my sheet (which is a universal one for everyone to use). Is this a privacy issue?

Part of me says yes but part of me says no, because at school when I pick up one of my dcb's the sign in/out sheet has the child's full name and a parent's signature. Nothing private or hidden there, really.

Still, should I start a new one and tell them first names only just to maintain a level of privacy? Or just allow them to continue? Are they even expecting that much privacy? Obviously they are comfortable with it, right, or they wouldn't do it? :confused:

Originally posted by Mary Poppins View Post
    So I took advice from another thread and began having my parents sign in/out daily instead of me logging their attendance. But I notice they are all using the child's full name (first and last) on my sheet (which is a universal one for everyone to use). Is this a privacy issue?

Part of me says yes but part of me says no, because at school when I pick up one of my dcb's the sign in/out sheet has the child's full name and a parent's signature. Nothing private or hidden there, really.

Still, should I start a new one and tell them first names only just to maintain a level of privacy? Or just allow them to continue? Are they even expecting that much privacy? Obviously they are comfortable with it, right, or they wouldn't do it? :confused:
    I avoid this problem by each child having their own sign in sheet. We are required to have 1 for each for subsidy clients anyway so I just do it for everyone. Maybe you could do it that way. You never know what kind a bur a parent could get under the saddle later.

Comment

I don't know whether this is an issue or not since all my families know each other so first and last names aren't an issue.

Have parents made a fuss about their childs name being visible to other parents? If parents aren't making an issue out of it I wouldn't worry about it. You could always call your licensor too and see what they suggest or if they think its a problem. I myself wouldn't have had a problem with my childs full name being visible but I may just be too trusting.

Comment

I never really thought about it. Ours have both first and last names as well. I've never had anyone complain about it.

Comment

I doubt it since they already KNOW who is coming in and out all day.

It is required by the State here and has to be kept on file for two years.

Now, posting it outside the building would be pushing your luck, IMHO.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I guess if anyone questions it I will deal with it then.

Comment

We have to put first and last name on a sheet provided by the state so I'm thinking it's not a privacy issue.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I guess if anyone questions it I will deal with it then.
                i dont think that anyone would have an issue with it. Like someone else said, the school district deals with it the same way. The last time I had to pick up my daughter from school sick, I had to sign her out by printing her full name, printing my full name and signature. On the sign sheet I could read all of the other students and parents names that had picked their child up during school hours for one reason or another.....

I do mine separate in a 3 ring note book with dividers. Each child has their own section. This way if I need to put a personal note in there I can.

Comment

My sign in sheets are seperate for each child, so privacy isnt an issue. I have an organizer that hangs on the wall and each family has a file folder with a sing in sheet. They grab their file, and sign in and out. No one else sees their file.

Comment

my sign in/out sheet is done weekly and I have all of the children's first names on it. Parents just put what time they arrived and picked up and they initial. No issues with privacy since it only has first names on it.

Comment

I do not see how it is a privacy issue. My sign in and out sheet only tell who was here and when. That is not exactly information I need to keep a secert from other people. I knwo it is not exactly public infomation but is it private information? Is there something on your sign in and out sheet other than who was in attendance what day/time?

Comment

Originally posted by familyschoolcare View Post
                        Is there something on your sign in and out sheet other than who was in attendance what day/time?
                        Nope, just names and dates and times. I have a separate "owie" sheet for them to fill out if there is something I need to be made aware of but that's private and between myself and the parent.

So the consensus seems to be I am good. It's always nice to have other opinions on these things.

Comment

No, not a privacy issue. It's the same at a center...all the childrens names are on one sheet for that class, find your kids name and sign them in.

Comment

This isn't a problem for me because I write their first names in before I open. I write down the names of the kids in the order I expect them for the day. Then the parents just put the time down and initial it.

Comment

Yah I just have their first names written down on the sheet so dont think its an issue for me but aim nit crazy about doing a separate sign in for each child either, should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X