Do You Change a Child if They're Asleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Change a Child if They're Asleep

Ok, if you smell a poopy diaper and the child is sleeping do you change them right then or do you let them finish sleeping and then change them as soon as they wake up?

i do not wake them up, most wake up on their own when they are poopy!!

Comment

I don't wake them up unless I know that they have or are prone to diaper rash.

Comment

If they already have a rash, I will wake them to change them. Otherwise I change them as soon as they wake up.

Comment

wake them up and change them! if they are truly tired then they will go right back to sleep if you're gentle/quiet.

don't let a child lay in poop - THAT is where diaper rash comes from!

Comment

Yes every time.

I would never knowingly allow a baby to have poop on them and not change it. You can eliminate a lot of that by feeding meals and bottles an hour or hour and a quarter before bedtime. Feed them a good hearty meal and then let them up and playing for a good forty five minutes. Most kids will poop after they eat and are up playing.

Maybe once a month I have a kid who will poop after we lay them down. I just pop in quietly and pull them out and change. I don't talk to them or make eye contact. Just a quick change and back to bed.
            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

9 times out of 10 if mine are poopy it wakes them up and I'll change them.

Comment

If the babies or children are prone to diaper rash, I would change instantly. Most of mine wake up screaming when they dirty their diapers.

Comment

For poopy diapers, I change them right away sleeping or not. I just do it as quietly and gently as possible and hopefully they'll fall back to sleep and get the rest of their nap.

Comment

Working...
                  X