Questions on Abcess/Boils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Abcess/Boils

I would like to speak with a provider that has had experience with children in daycare that have had abcess/boils that needed to have them cut open and drained. I don't want to post much detail in public but a serious issue has come up that has details I have never heard of so can someone PM me that has had a child in care with this experience? Thank you!!

most times they are kept at home and the wound needs to be packed. Antibiotics are a must. When dh's niece had one inside her mouth that somehow ended up outside her cheek she was in the hospital. Dh said it was gross. But it was packed. Personally I would not take a child like this, to risky and when packing it has to be sterile.

Comment

I've had experience with this. You can private message me if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by PitterPatter View Post
        I would like to speak with a provider that has had experience with children in daycare that have had abcess/boils that needed to have them cut open and drained. I don't want to post much detail in public but a serious issue has come up that has details I have never heard of so can someone PM me that has had a child in care with this experience? Thank you!!
        I havent had a child in care with one but I had an abcess on the side of my cheek that had to be cut open as soon as it was opened it was relief and I was on antibotics and steriods for a week to get the swelling to go down. My middle child also had a boil on his leg that formed into an abcess he had a fever with it thou and was in the hosptial a week on iv meds and they cut it open so if you have any questions you can ask me.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who replied and gave me advise. I know what I need to do now and how to deal with the situation.

Thanks a bunch!!

Comment

If you need anything else we have delt with this also

Comment

Working...
            X