12 Things Daycare Providers Wish Parents Knew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Things Daycare Providers Wish Parents Knew

Just thought I'd share my latest blog post with you all here. I don't normally blog about daycare stuff, but broke my own rule for this one:

If any, I figured you ladies (and gentlemen) would appreciate it !

I just found out it's been plagiarized, so it must be worth a read ::::.
    www.WelcomeToTheZoo.ca

Love it. Of course, I had to Google what TimCards were :: but I might end up stealing it for my own blog and adding a few more things like:

#13 When you come to pick up your child please do not think you can then sit in the driveway on your cell phone for 15 minutes. Not only can your dc provider see you being so disrespectful, but your child just might be waiting at the door with his shoes and coat on, anxiously watching out the window!

#14 If you KNOW your child is allergic to everything under the sun, do NOT bother to interview with a "nature-based" daycare. It isn't fair to waste the provider's time or get your child's hopes up that he, too, will be able to play in the garden or pet the horsey.

#15 Never condescendingly refer to your dcp's private home as "the facility" or "your center". These are OUR HOMES and we expect you to respect that otherwise you will be shown the door and encouraged to enroll your child at a "facility".

Those are just off the top of my head...

Comment

Originally posted by DBug View Post
      Just thought I'd share my latest blog post with you all here. I don't normally blog about daycare stuff, but broke my own rule for this one:

If any, I figured you ladies (and gentlemen) would appreciate it !

Thanks for sharing this!!

My favorites are #9 #7 #6 ( I have been puked on and the sofa puked on by a 4 yr old and not even offered help just "gotta get him home see ya later" UGH and #3 especially!!!

Comment

I really love it!

Comment

another one can be: parents please don't lie, I will find out

another one: please don't come in all tanned and nails and hair done instead of going to work and then complain how you can't pay me on time

the best: don't complain to me about money, I really don't care. All I care about is that you pay me on time. Its not my fault that you shop on ebay, buy expensive clothes or electronics then complain at your daycare bill.

Comment

Can you share by who?
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
              Can you share by who?
              It was actually a friend on facebook . A good friend, but a man, so ... not terribly insightful when it comes to giving credit where credit is due . I'm taking it as a compliment ::.

I love the suggestions everyone! I may just have to type all of these up for my parent handbook .
              www.WelcomeToTheZoo.ca

Comment

It was actually a friend on facebook .
                ::::::

You did a great job on it.
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

A nice list of tidbits for parents is also found in this thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22237

Comment

Working...
                  X