Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Don't Use Swings Or Bouncers For Infants..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Don't Use Swings Or Bouncers For Infants..

Where do you put the babies to keep them safe? I have a swing and a vibrating bouncer thing, but don't really have the space for them. Where do you put the little ones to keep them safe from the toddlers? Do you do mostly floor and tummy time if not holding them?

I'm also hesitant to start using them because of all the SIDS cases recently.

I have a separate part of the playroom. One square of the room is gated off with a superyard. I have about 70 sq ft of space for babies on the floor. I also have a play pen set up next to, but outside, my gated space, where I can stick one baby to separate them if I can't leave them together when I need to step out of the room.

My babies get LOTS of floor time!

I do use swings/bouncy seats but mostly for bitty babes (newborn to 4-5 months old and have some mobility). I have a Jumperoo that also entertains for short spurts.
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I keep them in sight and sound at all times. Gravity is awesome. I believe it's why my bitties walk by 9/10 months. I only have 10@ a time. And only 3 infants so it's not too hard. But I only use pnp or floor. No swings, bouncers, or jumpers.

Comment

You can use equipment without letting the kids sleep in them. You will have to have some area made for the babies....a baby zone would be best but even a pack n play or some other option is a must. Even the best behaved toddlers and preschoolers can accidentally hurt a small baby.

Comment

my babies are on the floor with us most of the time. When i need to do something like change diapers or cook, they go in their pnp's or in a highchair.

Comment

I loved my equipment...NEVER for sleeping. They were ideal for allowing infants to be upright following a feeding to aid in digestion and allowed for eye level interaction with the other kids.

I just cannot use them anymore.

I now use 6ft x 6ft fully decorated, stocked and padded infant playspaces (baby zone). I built them myself. Most use a baby gate system.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
            X