Constipation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constipation

Need help! My little 16th month old daugther is having trouble with her poo being too hard. Any tips or help getting her an easier time going. She sounds like shes in pain
    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
    Acts 13:22

Try adding some more yogurt to her diet or some juice (not too much though). They also have a few different things on the market for little ones to relieve constipation, the one we have is Little Tummies-can't say for certain how well that it works though :confused:. You could try some karo syrup and water mixture...although its pretty yucky if you ask me. Hope you find something that works soon, having a little one with bad constipation is no fun for anyone Good luck!

Comment

You can mix Karo syrup into milk or juice. that always worked for my kids.

Comment

I have had two that had constipation issues. The doctor had them use Miralax.

Funny one kid is gone, the other only tends to have those issues, when dck is at home for 3-5 days, LOL.

You think it has anything to do with being at my house 5 days a week and getting yogurt and fruits on a daily basis???

Comment

You can get Miralax over the counter. Its a powder you mix into liquid. Its tasteless and gentle and works great.

Comment

Plum Smart

You can find it with the prune juice, but the kids love the flavor. When the kids are having problems, I give them little bits at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
              Plum Smart

You can find it with the prune juice, but the kids love the flavor. When the kids are having problems, I give them little bits at a time.
              this!! I love to use natural alternatives to using any form of OTC meds of any kind.

Comment

Avoid the ABC's (apples, bananas, carrots). Karo syrup in water or juice. My dd used mineral oil once; never again. If those don't work, miralax to at least get her comfortable and then revamp the diet with lots of fruit and fiber! Good luck. My dd had issues from 2-7yrs old.

Comment

We use pear juice in the NICU. If you need to go the medication route, I'd vote for Miralax. It really is tasteless, and gets the job done
                  MnMum married to DH 9 years
                  Mum to Girl 21, Girl 18, Boy 14.5, Boy 11

Comment

my daughter had horrible constipation at that age and as soon as i removed cows milk it mysteriously went away. I gave my daughter soy milk instead.

My cousin had a similar problem too with her son and she tried giving 1 or 2 % (dont remember) and that seemed to help the problem too....

i would try to steer away from any drugs to control it, natural is the way to go!

I also used something called Potty gold which worked great for her as well!

good luck, i hope she feels better

Comment

A few drops of mineral oil every day in her juice. Increase her WATER intake. More fiber; whole grains, oatmeal, dried fruit(except raisins, bananas) fresh veggies. Dark Karo syrup will loosen her and white Karo will bind her, if you want her to have sugar =). Fletchers Castoria is a gentle otc laxative but the mineral oil is less expensive and easier to use and has been used for centuries.
                      I see little people.

Comment

Working...
                      X