Chutes and Ladders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chutes and Ladders

Does anyone else play Chutes and Ladders with dckids? Is it just me or is it really confusing to your kids also? The suggested ages are 3-6. I remember DS had a difficult time learning it and he even started Kindergarten early! Dcg is 4 and needs me to show her where to move. I can't imagine teaching a 3 year old to play it.

Our Kdg teacher said she was amazed at the large amount of kids that don't know how to play board games. Some of our favorites are Hi Ho Cherry-O and Candy Land. What are some popular ones with your kids?

We love playing games here too, but some of the kids want to play but don't cooperate and it makes it difficult for all of us especially with chutes and ladders, they are always knocking down each others pieces and not on purpose. The games I find pretty easy to play with them is Penguin Pat, the memory game but I cut it in half because it makes the game too long because it's harder for them to find matches so they get really board if they arent' getting any so i just cut it in half, the fishing game and 2 kids play that together, the duck matching game. These are my dck's favorites.

Comment

we LOVE Chutes and Ladders here! I had to take a marker though and mark each square on the board with the direction that the kids need to move...made it much easier for all ages to play

We also love Hi Ho CherryO, Memory, CandyLand, But their favorite is a Pizza Parlor game where you have to collect toppings to add to your pizza - I found it at a thrift store but have never found it in the stores

My older group (school-agers) LOVES Monopoly, Clue, Worst Case Scenario and Pictionary.

Comment

I agree that my three and uppers love chutes and ladders. It takes a while for them to learn how to play especially if they don't know how to count but that's not the games fault. Games are like everything else in life. Practice makes perfect. We also play shapes & colors bingo which they all love, whack a mole, candyland, and uno.

Comment

I've got two 4 yr old boys, three 5 yr old boys and a 6 yr old girl that play games. They all love Chutes & Ladders, Candy Land, Guess Who (though I have to help the younger ones with the names). I also have both word bingo and number bingo games that they like to play. The number bingo one is a little easier for the 4 yr olds, but they still learn a bit from the word bingo too.

Honestly though, the group is usually more into puzzles than they are board games.
          Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.

Comment

Working...
          X