Annoying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying!

I had an interview set up for this Saturday. A parent who is unhappy with their current daycare. Supposedly this other provider has twice the number of kids that she said she would take and this mom shows up and the child (a 1 year old) is often exhausted, in a dirty diaper and the provider has said several times that she did not have time to feed the little one during the afternoon (meaning she had not eaten for four hours or more). this is all according to the mom. Basically there were too many kids with very minimal "care", again, according to mom. Anyway, she emails me to cancel the appointment. After all that complaining, the fact that I am $5 more a week than this other daycare seems to be the issue.

Wow. Some parents never fail to shock me.

Rolling my eyes. Ugh. I had an interview scheduled for today and as soon as I told her my rates I didnt hear anything back from her. $175 for the week and yiur child gets snacks and a hot lunch and one on ine time for 10 hours a day and I guess thats too much!

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
      I had an interview set up for this Saturday. A parent who is unhappy with their current daycare. Supposedly this other provider has twice the number of kids that she said she would take and this mom shows up and the child (a 1 year old) is often exhausted, in a dirty diaper and the provider has said several times that she did not have time to feed the little one during the afternoon (meaning she had not eaten for four hours or more). this is all according to the mom. Basically there were too many kids with very minimal "care", again, according to mom. Anyway, she emails me to cancel the appointment. After all that complaining, the fact that I am $5 more a week than this other daycare seems to be the issue.

Wow. Some parents never fail to shock me.
      Oh well, you don't want to deal with somebody every day who would quibble over five bucks anyway, right?!::

Comment

yes you are right! I would rather they back out before I waste time on an interview.

Comment

I'm willing to bet all that stuff was an exaggeration, and she was just not getting along with her provider or something much less outrageous. And now things are okay again, and she needed a quick excuse to cut you loose, that wouldn't make her look like she was lying.

We know she didn't take her toddler back to a provider that doesn't feed, change or pay any attention to her child over a measly $5 difference.

Comment

well the thing is....I think I know what provider she is talking about. She said it was someone in my same neighborhood and I know all the providers (at least by name and location) that are in my area. It is very possible that the person she is talking about has taken on too many kids and getting very sloppy about the care received. I hope this isn't true but it might be....

Comment

Yup....same with the last inquiry I had. All the places she was looking at were dirty and had minimal supervision. She came by once and called me again BUT because I'm more expensive she didn't go with me.

Comment

I understand parents cant afford things, but $5 difference a week. Cut out that starbucks trip on way to work, cancel HBO on cable, or dont buy yourself another sweater when you have 20! Or just send kid back to daycare that ignores them and has no time for child. :eyeroll:

Comment

Working...
                X