Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blow Outs A Week After Stomach Bug-WWYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my daughter would do this, too. If she was exposed to several mosquito bites or if she was sick recently....(she's allergic to mosquitos) or if something affected her system negatively....

Then she would go through a "I'm-never-going-to-have-regular-poop-again" session that lasted a good week or two. Usually, we would have to take her off everything (even formula) and put her on pedialyte only (per docs request) no food or nothing.... for a day. Then slowly introduce back rice, toast, applesauce, bananas... and finally add some milk on the third or fourth day.

This would FINALLY "reset" her system. Since I was home with her, of course, this wasn't an issue, except extra cleaning for sanitary reasons.... but I'm sure that if my babysitter couldn't help me out some in these areas, then I would have lost my job for sure (if I had worked outside the home)....

anyway, I also have policies about illness and such, but I do take some stuff like this into consideration because, of course, if the parents end up losing their job over it... then of course, I'm gonna lose mine.

Comment

My little guy has a sensitive tummy and always has. I frequently have to put him on a bland diet, with lots of rice, cheese and banana. No citrus, nothing saucy. It regulates him pretty quickly.

Some kids do have worse poops especially until around age 3 for whatever reason. If my son were sent home every time he had a few day long bout with bad smelling and fast poops, man I'd never be in daycare. He'd go through a week long stint every couple of months! He is otherwise fine, though I have to be sure to keep LOTS of diaper cream when this happens becuase he often gets a yeasty rash with it.
      ECE and Mother to a 4 year old girl and 21 month old boy

Comment

It's more than likely Rotovirus. You might want to do a google search on it. Rotovirus is something that kids will have diarrhea for an extended period of time. Rotovirus has a very distinct smell. Check into that.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me. In fact, the DCB got my infant sick, and I had blow outs from 2 infants for a 3 week period! After I had enough, I put them on the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast), and gave her extra probiotics in her yogurt. It really helped a lot, but my poor little one is still fighting the severe diaper rash I empathize- After going through at least 2 outfits and 1 bath per day per infant, it is a pain. I really like this child and their family, so I put up with it- Being a former working mother myself, I know that it is pretty difficult to stay home for 2 weeks straight! Nasty stomach bugs going around this year!

Comment

Working...
          X