X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I Really Need Help With This

Here is what is going on.

I have 2dck's brother and sister.

Every second monday they are both here with me all day. $60 for this day.

Every Tuesday sister stays with me and brother goes to school. brother comes to my house at 3:50pm and leaves at 5;15pm. He does not come here in the morning. $37.50 for this day.

Some wednesdays they are both here all day. $60 for this day.

Some wednesdays they get dropped of at 12;30 pm and picked up at 3;00pm. $25 for this day.

Should I be upping my hourly rate or just leave it alone.

I cannot charge monthly rates. I have all part timers.

2 days a week is the usual for the kids I have here.

Originally posted by mrsp'slilpeeps View Post

Every Tuesday sister stays with me and brother goes to school. brother comes to my house at 3:50pm and leaves at 5;15pm. He does not come here in the morning. $37.50 for this day.

Some wednesdays they get dropped of at 12;30 pm and picked up at 3;00pm. $25 for this day.

The only thing I would change is the $37.50 -- just round it up or down to the closest dollar.

Comment

That seems all confusing. Has it been like this all along? Do you have an hourly rate or discounts for multiples? How do the parents know what to pay, . For all the chaos I would need it easier to figure out. Please explain how you do hourly rates and what happens if they only attend an hour or two vs. a full day.

Comment

I only have part-timers as well and my pay rate is like this:
        Up to 4 hours $25 per child
        Over 4 hours $40 per child (one family pays $47)

So even if a family only needs care for 5 hours they pay a full day rate. Or if they need care for 1 hour they pay a part-time rate. I charge per day not per week.

I think you need to charge a "part-time" or "part day" fee rather than an hourly rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
          I only have part-timers as well and my pay rate is like this:
          Up to 4 hours $25 per child
          Over 4 hours $40 per child (one family pays $47)

So even if a family only needs care for 5 hours they pay a full day rate. Or if they need care for 1 hour they pay a part-time rate. I charge per day not per week.

I think you need to charge a "part-time" or "part day" fee rather than an hourly rate.
          I think this is a good idea as well. It's less confusing. Here, for sa's, I charge $50/wk for anything under 15 hours. That feels fair to me and I feel adequately paid for my services---which really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsp'slilpeeps View Post

1st if all kudos to u for being able to keep that straight.

I don't do hourly rates so I don't have advise on that but the way I do part timers that are sometimes full time is by charging by 1/2 days. Anytime under 4 hours is $10 anytime over 4 hours is $20. Per child that is. So if that were something u might be interested in u could do $15 and $30.

Comment

I charge $30 for a full day and $20 for a half day (up to 4 hours).

So with that schedule, I would be charging $50 for the Tuesdays and $40 for the partial Wednesdays.
              Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Working...
              X