Wish Me Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish Me Luck

Well wish me luck, I am handing out new contracts today.

I know these parents won't be happy about it

I changed their rates from a daily rate to a flat rate. I did not raise the amount, so they are still getting a hefty discount. I did add in paid holidays.

I am pretty scared

It's a pain to change things with existing clients. I feel your pain. Paid holidays are a must, stand your ground!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Good luck, hun.

Once the ruffled feathers calm your daily life will get soooo much better.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Please keep me updated. I want to do that so bad but scared at least four of them will leave:{ But I need a set income not one that flusters a week.

Comment

Originally posted by melissathayer28 View Post
              Please keep me updated. I want to do that so bad but scared at least four of them will leave:{ But I need a set income not one that flusters a week.
              This is EXACTLY how I feel- BUT I can no longer afford to keep things the way they are. I'm in the mindset that as much as I DON'T want to lose these families I have to pay my bills.

They have been getting a great deal for almost 5 years now- this year alone Im losing approx $8000. Something has to change or I will have to close my doors.

Comment

Thank you everyone!!!!!

Comment

Its Done

New Contracts have been handed out!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOO nervous, yet I feel good taking back control of my program!

Comment

Way to go! I charge monthly and it makes budgeting/bookkeeping so much easier - for me and for my families. Flat rate per month based on either PT (up to 3 days) or FT (4 days). I've always done monthly, but used to figure it out as either 4 or 5 weeks so it was different every month. Now even my 2 weeks unpaid vacation are factored in so this is the first December where everyone still paid me the same amount. Gotta love that!

Comment

Hope you have no problems!

Comment

Good Luck!!!! I handed my New 2012 contracts out today as well. I raised my rates, added a weeks vacation for myself and added a bi-annual replacement toy and arts and crafts fee. I am nervous but have hopes the 5 families will stick with me. Ultimately it is our business and we have to do what is fair but what will benefit us as well.
                        Proud Mommy of Six...

Comment

Working...
                        X