My Own Kids.....Boredom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boredom

Wonderful Reply's! Thanks! I agree with everyones comments. Electronics play a huge part in our childrens lives and their imagination!!! I think a lot of it is my problem as well. We are always on the go and when they are out of school I always want to do things with them, take them places, etc and then I get frusterated cause I've been on the go with them the entire time, leaving me little rest time. I did find that when I told my girls the other afternoon that we were NOT going anywhere and that they were going to be staying home, they did find things to do. I'm happy to hear that I am NOT the only mother that has my children do chores if they are bored.

Comment

Too much TV-video-screens not good for anyone. Kids get down right ugly when you take these away after a lot of viewing.

Its hard because we want them to be up to date on technology yet we want them to learn to play with out being entertained and use their imaginations.

I always find myself in the middle of this one wondering which way to go.....future or past. I try to find middle ground. Its hard to go from being entertained to not- that is the struggle that I have. Of course limiting but that sometimes goes out the window just due to everyday life happenings, or we justify it as educational?

They even have baby ipads (similar idea) out there and are advertized as tired of your little one taking your phone-ipad-etc... now they can have there very own. I don't know what to think of this

When they go to school they are surrounded by technology, almost to the point they could have class taught by a screen.

Any thoughts, more thoughts on this subject anyone else feel caught between the past, future and now?

Comment

Working...
      X