Twins - Rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins - Rate?

Normal full time rates for my area vary wildly between $85 and $150 weekly. Given this, what would you charge (if you were me) for twin 8 month olds, 3 full days per week?

As a twin parent i wish i could get a discount, but everyone said the same thing and it was 400 a month per kid.
    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
    Acts 13:22

Comment

I wouldn't give a discount for twins. I don't for siblings either. Centres certainly don't and it's double the care so I wouldn't personally. Friends of mine that make very good salaries were able to get subsidies that they wouldn't otherwise be qualified for because they have twins in daycare.

Comment

I've had two sets of twins over the years and I charge my full rate for both spots. Honestly, with the two sets I've had, their parents are lucky that I didn't charge them more than my normal rate ::.

Comment

As a parent of twins I can tell you that I never expect and rarely receive a discount for ANYTHING::,

Comment

So, parents of twins, does that mean that you'd have been more likely to go with a provider who offered you a discount?

I generally charge $25-30 for a full day. However, for some reason I can't bring myself to tell this person that I want $180 for three days care. It seems like so much! I'm quite sure that the work involved would be totally worth it though.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
              S

I generally charge $25-30 for a full day. However, for some reason I can't bring myself to tell this person that I want $180 for three days care. It seems like so much! I'm quite sure that the work involved would be totally worth it though.
              I wouldn't tell them it's $180 I'd say it's $30 per child per day. let them do the math!

Comment

I have a set of twins right now that are here 2 days/week for full days (8-5:30). I get $150/week for them. If it was 2 non-siblings, I'd get $200/week.

Comment

So off the subject, but for the last 2 weeks when ever I see anything with the mentioning of rates I think "Holey, Moley that's alot of money. I can't believe they get so much." I don't know if it is my cold or that I've been running on little sleep. I have to sit and THINK HARD about what is charged and what I charge before I realize "Oh wow that is so little for so much work." The area I live the average licensed home daycare makes 125 to 130 a week per child. Some more some less. I saw one post where a lady was charging $70 per child per week and it took me FOREVER to realize that she wasn't raking in the loot like I thought.
                  Sorry I just had to share my sorry confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie View Post
                    So off the subject, but for the last 2 weeks when ever I see anything with the mentioning of rates I think "Holey, Moley that's alot of money. I can't believe they get so much." I don't know if it is my cold or that I've been running on little sleep. I have to sit and THINK HARD about what is charged and what I charge before I realize "Oh wow that is so little for so much work." The area I live the average licensed home daycare makes 125 to 130 a week per child. Some more some less. I saw one post where a lady was charging $70 per child per week and it took me FOREVER to realize that she wasn't raking in the loot like I thought.
                    Sorry I just had to share my sorry confusion.
                    I think a LOT of parents have this problem as well, except they never come to the conslusion that it's a small amount.

Since I posted above I started thinking... $180 weekly for three days sounds like a lot, but it's $6 per hour, or $3 per hour, per child. Really, really NOT a lot when you think of it that way. The problem is, I already know that I probably won't get the family for that rate.

Comment

If you want the family I see nothing wrong with giving them a little bit of a discount but make sure you are happy with that decision and won't regret it a few months from now when you realize twin toddlers olds are A LOT of work, LOL!!! I have discounted siblings in the past - $10/week. I've never regretted it - always had families who appreciated the discount and knew that many places wouldn't do that for them.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
                        So, parents of twins, does that mean that you'd have been more likely to go with a provider who offered you a discount?
                        I never had any of my children in even one day of daycare.

Comment

I opted to be a stay at home dad
                          Wise choice
                          "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"

Comment

I have twins too...they are 8 now. I've always considered the phrase "you get what you pay for" when shopping for anything, especially child care. I actually had a call today for twins that are 5 months and their 2 year old sibling. I charge $140 per week for infants and $115 for the two year old. Childcare for her would be almost $400. I would have given her a discount but not a very large one because infants are ALOT of work.

Comment

A whole lot

Comment

Working...
                              X