Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never Had A Request Like This...Not Sure What To Say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize this and hints why I said we've discussed it a million times and wasn't going to beat a dead horse. Lol

This is a hot button and sometimes post get off topic..

Sorry

Comment

Although I didn't mean to drag the post off topic, I do find it interesting how a post in which I made a general statement about families looking for childcare that tend to bring their children for the full 12 hours regardless of what shift they work was turned into a post about one specific person. With cancer.

Sorry about your cancer. We all have family situations that we work through. My sister died on Sept. 11. Neither have anything to do with families that choose to bring children the full 12 hour days, and the potential detriment it causes. But I guess you showed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
        I never said my husband worked 6 days straight. Did you even read my post? It would be 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, etc. After two weeks you flipped to the other shift. Yes, there were times that they did have to do overtime but guess what not the companies fault they kept getting orders for the product they made. Kept the company going many years till the reseccion.
        Yup. I read it. Here's what it said exactly:

My husband has been in the medical field in the ER and has been in fire EMS for almost 15 years. There have been times that both jobs have required mandatory over time and he was working 12+ hour days some times 6 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by harperluu View Post
          Yup. I read it. Here's what it said exactly:

My husband has been in the medical field in the ER and has been in fire EMS for almost 15 years. There have been times that both jobs have required mandatory over time and he was working 12+ hour days some times 6 days a week.
          You might really, really want to read who posts what! My husband wasn't in the medical field, he was in manufacturing. That wasn't my post. I didn't even have cancer, that was another poster. Please slow way down whe reading and reposting quotes so that you get the right person-
          Each day is a fresh start
          Never look back on regrets
          Live life to the fullest
          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Wow, this thread took a turn... I was just going to say that I would maybe tour the mom who wants future childcare, but I wouldn't promise her any space. Thats so far off from now. But nice to let her see your daycare for future possibilities.

I used to be open 6am-6pm too and it just got too tiring for me and I needed more time to dedicate to my own family. So I changed my hours to 7am-5pm. Best decision I ever made! Yes I lost one family, but I was okay with that. I am so happy that I made that change! I gave them about 2 months notice but I dont really think you need to give that much time. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by MamaBear View Post
              Wow, this thread took a turn... I was just going to say that I would maybe tour the mom who wants future childcare, but I wouldn't promise her any space. Thats so far off from now. But nice to let her see your daycare for future possibilities.

I used to be open 6am-6pm too and it just got too tiring for me and I needed more time to dedicate to my own family. So I changed my hours to 7am-5pm. Best decision I ever made! Yes I lost one family, but I was okay with that. I am so happy that I made that change! I gave them about 2 months notice but I dont really think you need to give that much time. Good luck
              Thanks so much! That's what I have decided to do! Good to know the change of hours will be a relief when I do decide it is the right time to change them

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                . We are not all working from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm each day. Five days a week. No nurse or fire fighter works those shifts. None.

the above statement is so not true. My husband has been in the medical field in the ER and has been in fire EMS for almost 15 years. There have been times that both jobs have required mandatory over time and he was working 12+ hour days some times 6 days a week.

During the forest fires, fire season
                Also during the H1N1, he was working night and day non stop at the hospital.

this was going on for months....so I know first hand that it can happen

My husband has worked both jobs also for almost 7 years... separately over 15 yrs
                . My daughter is in EMS and she sometimes works 75 to 100 hours in a week. She does not have children yet and chooses to because she loves her job. That being said I have a single mom who is a CNA and she has no choice but to work as many hours as they will give her to just make it. I don't mind at all keeping those children 12 hours a day. I however will not keep children that long every day just for lazy parents. This mom gets them as soon as she gets off and cherishes every minute with them. She just has no other choice. She works weekends as well and use to work 2 jobs. I think every situation is different. These 2 kids are part of my family now and we love this mom like one of my daughters. We are the only people she has because she has no family.

Comment

Working...
                X