Toddler Threw Up At Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler Threw Up At Breakfast

15 minutes after my 15 mo old arrived this morning she threw up. Her brother has a very sensitive gag reflex and has thrown up before when he drinks too quickly. When I called mom I wasn't real forceful that she pick up toddler, as I wasn't positive if it was because she was sick, or because she was wolfing down her scrambled eggs. Together we decided it was probably better that she come get her, since she had just arrived, likely hadn't exposed everyone else, if indeed it was a bug.

Mom arrives, picks up toddler and attempts to leave 3 yo brother, but he didn't want to stay. Mom texts an hour later saying toddler has thrown up several more times.

Here's my questions.

1. Exclude her from care tomorrow? Should I call or text mom now to remind her of the 24 hour policy?

2. Should I ask she keep brother home tomorrow, too?

I've always kept all my children home from daycare if I'm home sick with one. But this guy is a handful, and I could see her wanting to send him tomorrow. WWYD?
    MnMum married to DH 9 years
    Mum to Girl 21, Girl 18, Boy 14.5, Boy 11

24 hours symptom free.

If she has thrown up today...no admission tomorrow.

As for the brother situation...depends on what kind of parents they are.

If you have a policy that states he can't come either, remind them of it.

Comment

exclude the sick one, let her decide about the 3yo.

Comment

I have just changed my policy that if sibling are in care, they will attend together and stay home together.

I give a sibling discount and the discount reflects this when both are kept in care or home together.. I got this from Cat...thanks I love this new policy of mine..

Comment

Working...
        X