Searching For Tried And True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching For Tried And True

recipes for cloud dough, play dough, and play clay. I have a few recipes I found online and they were not that great.

Also how long do they last in your house? Now that winter is here (almost) I want to make sure I have some ready for use when the kiddos get antsy.

I searched them on here, but the search engine isn't being all that helpful. Just me?

Found the cloud dough!

Comment

play dough

two parts flour
      one part salt
      food coloring
      just enlugph water for the right consitance

with this must salt the children will not think it taste good and it will last a long time.

Comment

My playdough recipe

2 cups flour
        1 cup salt
        2 tbsp olive oil
        2 tbsp cream of tartar
        2 cups hot water
        1 pkg koolaid (without sugar)

Mix ingredients together over med heat stirring constantly until a ball forms. Knead for 5 minutes. Store in airtight containers.

This keeps for about 4 months before it starts to get sticky. The colors are vibrant with the koolaid and the playdough smells like the flavor. It doesn't dye the skin and the recipe makes a nice big ball of each color.

Comment

Originally posted by Meyou View Post
          My playdough recipe

2 cups flour
          1 cup salt
          2 tbsp olive oil
          2 tbsp cream of tartar
          2 cups hot water
          1 pkg koolaid (without sugar)

Mix ingredients together over med heat stirring constantly until a ball forms. Knead for 5 minutes. Store in airtight containers.

This keeps for about 4 months before it starts to get sticky. The colors are vibrant with the koolaid and the playdough smells like the flavor. It doesn't dye the skin and the recipe makes a nice big ball of each color.
          This is the playdough recipe that I use too. I've found it works better and stays good for longer when it's the cooked recipe.

Comment

Working...
          X