How Would You Do This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Would You Do This?

So I have this 8 month dcb. I have struggled with this child for naps for awile now.
    First it was getting him back on his nap schedule after being on vacation with mom.
    Then I had to make him a mitted shirt to stop pulling himself up in his crib.

So now he goes right to sleep, but for his afternoon nap he only sleeps for an hour. If I keep him in there he just cries and cries.

So to keep my sanity I have been getting him up when he wakes up. So now he is cranky and tired and cries constantly all afternoon because he didnt get enough sleep.

All the other kids sleep 2 to 3 hours but not this kid!!!

What would you do with a baby like this? How can I get him to sleep a little longer?

Originally posted by KBCsMommy View Post
    So I have this 8 month dcb. I have struggled with this child for naps for awile now.
    First it was getting him back on his nap schedule after being on vacation with mom.
    Then I had to make him a mitted shirt to stop pulling himself up in his crib.

So now he goes right to sleep, but for his afternoon nap he only sleeps for an hour. If I keep him in there he just cries and cries.

So to keep my sanity I have been getting him up when he wakes up. So now he is cranky and tired and cries constantly all afternoon because he didnt get enough sleep.

All the other kids sleep 2 to 3 hours but not this kid!!!

What would you do with a baby like this? How can I get him to sleep a little longer?

Shorten the am nap, white noise, and sneaking in to resettle him if he wakes up too early. "Shhh..it's still nap time...pat pat pat..."

Comment

I wake them up in the morn nap otherwise I end up with the same exact issue as you are.

I only do 1 hour max in the morning, put them down after breakfast, then up right after the preschoolers are done with their lessons and were ready for outside.

Everyone goes outside and plays hard then its time for lunch sometimes a story and we are all down for naps... I meditate during naps now and do some yoga so that I can destress.....

Comment

He sleeps just fine in the mornings from about 8:15 to 10. And even then he wakes up sleepy.

By 11 hes rubbing his head in the rug like hes tired again.

And it doesnt matter if I put him down at 11:30 or 12:30 he only sleeps 45 min to an hour.

My kids and husband hate coming home from work and school because all he does is cry all afternoon. And he will not sleep in the late afternoon he will cry and cry in his crib. So Im stuck with a fussy baby all afternoon.

Comment

when does he get there in the morning?

Comment

He usually gets here at 7:30.

By the time I get my kids out the door for school, I get him a bottle and down for a nap anywhere from 8 to 8:15.

And he wakes anywhere from 5:30 am to mom grabbing him out of bed on her way out the door.

Comment

Working...
            X