Most Annoying Sound Ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Annoying Sound Ever!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a group that includes 6 4yr old BOYS.....ever since they could talk they have been making gun sounds (VERY AGAINST the rules-but I still have to tell them EVERY HOUR!) growling, dinosour roars, the smashing and crashing when they make the potatoe heads wrestle (also against the rules), and teh fact that EVERY toy is a sword-gun-laser-superhero something or other, and some sort of hose-laser beam-wind sound that drives me batty!!!!!!

After two solid years of these sounds I CAN NOT STAND THEM FOR EVEN A SECOND they grate on my very last nerve by 9am.

Is it bc I am a girl and never played this way? I feel terrible, but why can't they just play with out dumping, smashing, beating everything up. This play has ALWAYS been againt the rule and has NEVER been allowed and is ALWAYS stopped as soon as I see it happening but I CAN'T get it to STOP!

Originally posted by MsMe View Post

Is it bc I am a girl and never played this way? I feel terrible, but why can't they just play with out dumping, smashing, beating everything up. This play has ALWAYS been againt the rule and has NEVER been allowed and is ALWAYS stopped as soon as I see it happening but I CAN'T get it to STOP!
    Yes, it is because you are a girl. Boys and girls are different. They process differently and have different ways of doing things.

My son has always been rowdy and loud and we do not allow guns yet he just turned the lid to his mega blocks into a "gun." I don't know how or why, but he did it.

We have been working on doing more physical things during the day to redirect their energies. We "race," jumping jacks, dance and other directed physical outlets.

I have found it cuts down on the number of things I have to redirect them from if I have directed their energies to more physical things earlier in the day.

I have mostly boys, so I dream of having a covered outdoor play area

Comment

Not ALL boys, but most.

When my oldest son was 4, he attended a preschool. I asked him one day if he ever played with Nathan and Ryan, two boys in his class. He looked at me and said "No, mom, I do not. THey are just too rough!"

I would desribe my now 21 yo as a thinker and a poet. I guess he was always wired that way.

I have a 21mo dcb who reminds me of my son. I'd call him an "old soul". The others in the group, are as we say in German "EL Karacho". No idea what that means in english, and I'm pretty sure it's not really german!

Comment

I have a group that includes 6 4yr old BOYS.....ever since they could talk they have been making gun sounds (VERY AGAINST the rules-but I still have to tell them EVERY HOUR!) growling, dinosour roars, the smashing and crashing when they make the potatoe heads wrestle (also against the rules), and teh fact that EVERY toy is a sword-gun-laser-superhero something or other, and some sort of hose-laser beam-wind sound that drives me batty!!!!!!

After two solid years of these sounds I CAN NOT STAND THEM FOR EVEN A SECOND they grate on my very last nerve by 9am.

Boy does this sound like my house. I too have always had a rule, no guns, no shooting. No smashing, crashing, etc.

But still every boy I ever had does these things. They turn everything into a gun or sword.

Comment

IMO, you cant. They are boys, its what boys do.
          I started daycare when my daughter was 4, and my son was just born. I had 3 boys ages 3-6, and all they did was "playfight", I worked hard to stop it, and kept all violent toys out of the house. No toy guns, all my toys were educational. It didnt matter. They would use the legos and building toys to create guns, markers became star wars light sabers, stuffed animals became bombs.

I think you need to relax your rule. As long as the kids arent physically hurting each other (hitting, kicking etc), I would let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndFamilyDC View Post
            Boy does this sound like my house. I too have always had a rule, no guns, no shooting. No smashing, crashing, etc.

But still every boy I ever had does these things. They turn everything into a gun or sword.
            I have five boys and two girls. One of the boys is a baby ... the others are two to four. They NEVER do this. I don't allow it at all so I have none of it.

IME it's not a boy thing. I have had a lot of boys in the last 18 years and put a kabosh on it in my first year or so. Haven't had a problem since.

I do discuss this during the interview so the parents know upfront I don't allow superhero play or gun play. We are a completely non violent day care so I don't want the image of violence even cloaked in child's play to surface here.
            http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I don't allow it here.

No gunplay.
              No killing.
              No dying.
              No wrestling etc.
              No yelling or screaming or making other loud noises inside.

The result is they still play the cop/robber, space alien, cowboy, knight, fireman games but with the toys, sitting down in an inside voice. The crazy ideas and imagination that they come up with is amazing when they aren't being physical and loud.

Comment

Originally posted by meganlavonnesmommy View Post
                IMO, you cant. They are boys, its what boys do.
                I started daycare when my daughter was 4, and my son was just born. I had 3 boys ages 3-6, and all they did was "playfight", I worked hard to stop it, and kept all violent toys out of the house. No toy guns, all my toys were educational. It didnt matter. They would use the legos and building toys to create guns, markers became star wars light sabers, stuffed animals became bombs.

I think you need to relax your rule. As long as the kids arent physically hurting each other (hitting, kicking etc), I would let it go.
                They are. EVERYTIME I turn my back they are hitting, kicking, and fighting. They do it inside and outside.

I can not have my eyes on them ALL the time....I am with them as much as possible and have even resorted to siting them at teh table while I have to cook lunch, but tehy are STILL all over eachother, in two minutes they are hitting and falling off of chairs.

I have in the past raved about how well behaved my DCK were, in the last few months things have changed 180. I have not changed any rules, disipline, new kids, routine, food ect.......

the only thing that HAS changed is that they all started preschool this Fall. I have had most since birth and the others for at least three years.

Comment

This is why I don't allow children that are here to attend an outside preschool. I offer preschool and if you want something different fine but children can't come here also. Had a parent complain about naps one time and then due to some circumstances besides that they left. Well low and behold new preschool/childcare required naps also! See its not just me-
                  Each day is a fresh start
                  Never look back on regrets
                  Live life to the fullest
                  We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                    This is why I don't allow children that are here to attend an outside preschool. I offer preschool and if you want something different fine but children can't come here also. Had a parent complain about naps one time and then due to some circumstances besides that they left. Well low and behold new preschool/childcare required naps also! See its not just me-
                    I have heard on this board about daycare not allowing children to coem and go to an outside preschool (maybe from you ) I honsetly prob would not have come up with that policy on my own....but the more I think about the more I REALLY want to adopt this rule!!!!

Unlike you I have no desire or intention of offering a preschool prgram myself.

*Would you allow them an outside preschool if you didnt offer it yourself?

*Do you have any sibling groups that get 'split up' because one is in an outside program?

I have nearly all sibling groups and if I don't allow a child to come and go from preschool I assume they would take the preschooler and teh yopu8nger child to a new daycare that DID allow them to come and go. I have a very deep bond with all of my famlies and other than aging out and the rare move to a new city...I have NO turn over....I have to get rid of this preschool drama!!!

Comment

Yep....dinosaur and gun sounds.....grrrrrr. I have 7 boys and 2 girls.....I hear a lot of each!

On the other hand.....the bossy, whiny sounds that come out of little girls with huge and multiple bows on their heads rakes my nerves as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                        I do discuss this during the interview so the parents know upfront I don't allow superhero play or gun play. We are a completely non violent day care so I don't want the image of violence even cloaked in child's play to surface here.
                        SO glad to hear you say this!

Make-believe is NOT reinacting what you see on television! Or, at least it's not quality dramatic play. Quality dramatic play is making your own script, not acting out what you saw while you zoned out and saw on the television. I just can't stand that everything (clothes, toys, cereal.....etc) is SUPERHERO stuff.

We do no shooting here as well. I have 7 boys and 2 girls.

Comment

I have heard on this board about daycare not allowing children to coem and go to an outside preschool (maybe from you ) I honsetly prob would not have come up with that policy on my own....but the more I think about the more I REALLY want to adopt this rule!!!!

Unlike you I have no desire or intention of offering a preschool prgram myself.

*Would you allow them an outside preschool if you didnt offer it yourself?

*Do you have any sibling groups that get 'split up' because one is in an outside program?

I have nearly all sibling groups and if I don't allow a child to come and go from preschool I assume they would take the preschooler and teh yopu8nger child to a new daycare that DID allow them to come and go. I have a very deep bond with all of my famlies and other than aging out and the rare move to a new city...I have NO turn over....I have to get rid of this preschool drama!!!
                          I still wouldn't allow an outside program even if I didn't offer one. Reasons are-to many caregivers, to many rules, to many differences in programs, different friends that may play differently (things I wouldn't allow and then having to deal with it here).

The sibling groups I take care of are split up but just because they start going to elementary school.

Also, I figure if they want a preschool outside of mine they can find one that also offers childcare.
                          Each day is a fresh start
                          Never look back on regrets
                          Live life to the fullest
                          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

The worst sound for me, is a child who whines CONSTANTLY.. I have a new boy here, he is 8 months......at that terrible separation age when I can't even walk across the room without him have a cow......but instead of crying, he whines.....and whines and whines and whines and whines and whinessssss until I either pick him up, or sit down with him. OMG it drives me nuts.

Comment

Working...
                            X