Should I Ask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Ask?

I dont know what to do. I have two families wanting interviews this week. With them both combined they will bring me in an extra $1,100 a month, one is full time, the other is 2 days a week. I am very excited about this but concerned about ratio.

I have one particular family that have two children(2.5 year old and newborn) that I care for already. They use me 3 days a week. Mondays 3:00-5:45(15 min past my closing time, but I told her I could stay open until 5:45 for her, which I will be changing with my new contract in January....some days she will text me at 5:15 asking if I can watch them until 6:00, I say yea, don't get paid any extra when they are already here for a full day because its a full day price) I get $25 for both girls that day when they come for 2.75 hours. That is potentially spots for 2 full day children. The other two days they come are Wednesday and Thursdays, full days so I get $70 a day, so those days are worth it. I feel that by them coming on Mondays may prevent me from taking on that new full time child. I have done business with this family for almost 2 years. They are a nice family, I just don't know what to do about Monday....If I told her I couldnt do it anymore, what would happen is she would leave work at 2:30 to get home to the kids for her Husband to leave for work by 300(he drops off at 300 so he can go to work, she gets off at 530 and picks up the girls on her way home) so her paycheck would be 3 hours short for $. I know I have to look out for myself too, I just HATE when ANYONE is upset with me or mad at me. She orignally wanted me Tuesdays too from 3:00-4:00 for $10 and I told her I couldnt do it because thats 2 spots!!!!!

I have another family that also brings her 2 kids on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays fom 3:15-6:00(again past my closing time, I'm a sucker)....So I don't know know how to go about this at all...Two families...I really need to tell one of them that I can't do Mondays anymore.... Am I being shelfish???

What do you guys think I should do? I know the one with the 2 girls is going to be upset with me...I mean REALLY upset if I would do that( she was upset I told her I couldnt do Tuesdays for an hour), that I think she would probably try to find someone else...so I dont know what to do!!!!

Do you know you landed the new clients yet? I wouldn't do ANYTHING until the ink was dry on the new contracts...

Comment

Care.Com

I go on a website called care.com. I seen their postings for needing child care, so I e-mailed them all of my information, they both called me and set up interviews for this week. I would not be saying anything to the parents about this until I knew for sure that I got these 2 new clients.

Comment

I'd tell the family that I made the least amount of money with for the week. More than likely who ever you tell that you can't take Monday's anymore is going to leave. It will be easier for them to find daycare for a larger amount of hours vs just a few hours on one day.

Comment

If either of these families tried to find alternative care, I know most child care centers don't allow drop offs at the end of the day only from 3:00-5:45/600, for only a few hours without charging them for the entire day. They will have trouble finding someone that can accomodate their needs for the price I am charging for two children...( I think they KNOW how good they have it)

Comment

Working...
          X