Damaged playpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged playpen

Okay, so I have a boy who decided it would be fun to smear his BM all over the PNP!! It is gross, has been disinfected, power washed and so on and just won't come clean. It was during nap time and I didn't hear him at all over the monitors. If the parents offer to replace it should I accept? This is not the first time he has done this and I always put him in sleepers to nap but he figures how to escape. Last time parents offered to replace but I said not to worry; however, this time it is far worse! Or is this just part of the job and normal.
    Also, before ppl say I should've been in the sleep room- we don't have to aslOng as we have monitors.

I would never refuse a gift, but I wouldn't require it. I for sure would use THE POOP one with him until he went to a cot tho. Lol. Here we all co nap in the same room though, so at the first wiggle I am here saying shhhhhhh

Comment

If it is ruined and will have to be replaced right now, then yes, I would require parents to replace it.

Comment

also, make him sleep in overalls turned backwards. I have yet to find a kid that could get out of that!

Comment

Backwards footed pajamas and a picking shirt or sweatshirt over that.

He needs a double blocker so he doesn't have access.
          http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Try spraying it down (outdoors) with Clorox Cleanup disinfecting spray and let it sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing well with garden hose spray attachment. (yes, even the padding. The pressboard will dry solid if kept flat while drying in the sun)

Be sure to saturate it. Use one whole bottle.

It completely restored some of mine that were 10-12 years old!!

I would not have believed it was possible had I not seen it myself. (and yes, I had already used bleach/water mixture in the past.)

That stuff is pretty awesome!!
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Thanks everyone- ugh so disgusting.
              Sadly the weather is not in myfavour for rinsing and drying in the sun
              I am afraid if I completely soak it- it will never dry.

I will bring it up again and hopefully they will offer again as this time I doubt i will be able to salvage it 100% and it stinks I just want it gone!
              It didn't help my morning sickness this AM that is forsure.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
                Try spraying it down (outdoors) with Clorox Cleanup disinfecting spray and let it sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing well with garden hose spray attachment. (yes, even the padding. The pressboard will dry solid if kept flat while drying in the sun)

Be sure to saturate it. Use one whole bottle.

It completely restored some of mine that were 10-12 years old!!

I would not have believed it was possible had I not seen it myself. (and yes, I had already used bleach/water mixture in the past.)

That stuff is pretty awesome!!

I clean mine like this every summer. But not because they have feces smeared all over them...because I give them a good cleaning every year!

Honestly, I would be trashing it and buying a new one. That's just gross. If the parents offer to pay for it, great, but I wouldn't let that stop me from replacing it.

Comment

I'd replace it if it needed. If parents offer great, otherwise it is part of the job.

Comment

Working...
                  X