Interview Check List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Check List?

So today I had an interview. First one with kids present, it was not too bad. Usually I prefer not to have kids here for their safety, but i was losing tons of clients when I said no.

Well, after the interview, I realized wow I stink at these, because I don't do them often enough to really be good at them. Which is good and bad.

I also noticed after the interview taht I did not get to cover a lot of things that i wanted to and that the lady kept going off track of what I wanted to talk about.

I was thinking that I should create a check list of things that i want to cover and go over it with the parent. The top 5 things that should be covered in the first interview. But then I thought, what are the most 5 important things that I should bring up. i don't want to say too much and I don't want to say too little...

Thoughts on this?

As I'm showing them the house I go over the day. That's number one.

Then we sit down and talk about the child and basic things about him/her. Like allergies, routine, if they've been in daycare before, socialization experience, etc.

I then go over the policy handbook with a copy in front of myself and a copy in front of the parents. Any questions are handled as we go along.

Then the contract. I ask if there are any questions after we're done. Then I give them my card and tell them to let me know either way. We might do some casual chatting afterwards, but that all depends on how the interview went.

Comment

Like I was saying, I don't do them very often and really Want to make sure I'm covering the necessary stuff.

Comment

If you're unsure, look through your phb and highlight the things that you have had problems in the past with and have those be the parts of your checklist. So you don't forget anything.

Comment

Working...
        X