Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Yo Still Thinks He's Large And In Charge

and at 60 lbs, he sort of is!

Temper tantrums have decreased, but it may be because I know how to avoid them, not because he wouldn't try.

I have to admit that the bigger, babier, and more spoiled they act, the tougher and stricter I feel like being.

Today: comes in from preschool "am I going to be your lunch helper today?" Yes, but as of NEXT WEEK, you will get to be the helper every other day, and your sister gets to be the helper sometimes to> WWWHHHHAAAATTTT?????

It's never fair, it's never right, it's always about what he wants.

He acts a certain way, I give the option of stopping a behavior or loosing a privilege or toy (he's mishandling), and he always, always, always chooses to go against me, and guess what? I always, always, always follow through (sometimes having to physically remove him from a toy such as a bike), and then HIIISSSIII FIITTT. YOu'd think he'd have learned after 4 months!

OK, that was definately venting.

don't give up, eventually he will give up.

Comment

Oh I hear you!

Today's darling was a 3 year old who when I told "not now" (it wasn't time for show and tell and the child couldn't have the toy that was brought) went into a LOUD hissy for a good 20 minutes. No real tears, just NOISE. Quitting time couldn't come fast enough today.

Oh bother... I'm getting too old for this.

Comment

Originally posted by bbo View Post
        and at 60 lbs, he sort of is!

Temper tantrums have decreased, but it may be because I know how to avoid them, not because he wouldn't try.

I have to admit that the bigger, babier, and more spoiled they act, the tougher and stricter I feel like being.

Today: comes in from preschool "am I going to be your lunch helper today?" Yes, but as of NEXT WEEK, you will get to be the helper every other day, and your sister gets to be the helper sometimes to> WWWHHHHAAAATTTT?????

It's never fair, it's never right, it's always about what he wants.

He acts a certain way, I give the option of stopping a behavior or loosing a privilege or toy (he's mishandling), and he always, always, always chooses to go against me, and guess what? I always, always, always follow through (sometimes having to physically remove him from a toy such as a bike), and then HIIISSSIII FIITTT. YOu'd think he'd have learned after 4 months!

OK, that was definately venting.

60 pounds and 4 what do they feed there kid my 8 year old is 66 pounds wow.

Comment

Doesn't beat my oldest 4yo...who yesterday morning when another child came in, told one of the morning staff "Um, can you get his breakfast?" in a very "snap-to-it" kind of way.

Comment

I have one 2 1/2 who gets mistaken for a 4 yr old all the time. Not sure how much he weights. He is a big boy though who wears 5t's. I think he is finally settling down as he just kept growing and growing. In the past 4 months he's been pushing the kids down and showing quite some strength. Mom and dad are awesome with handling his behavior. He sure does know what will happen if he's had a bad day and boy does he not want to leave for home. Just got to get him to correct his behavior where he isn't throwing fits to watch cartoons or pushing, pulling hair, or jumping on kids. Today was especially hard he was jumping off walls. So much energy. Would not sit in time out for me kept getting out. I had to stand next to him and he just kept asking if it was time to get out of time out. I ignored him as it really didn't help to answer him the same thing over and over. For some reason I kept having to remind him on rules. Not sure why he was wound up today. I think I really need to do something about his diet bc although he eats great here...mom bring mcdonalds sandwiches for breakfast for him and I don't really know what they eat at home and if they give him tons of desserts at home. There great parents but that is the only thing I can think of is his diet.

Comment

Working...
            X