Ever Feel Your Not Cut Out For This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Feel Your Not Cut Out For This?

I have been having some tuff times and really feel like maybe this business is just not for me... I am a sucker for kids and while my backbone is strong, its not as strong as it could be.

I have practically given up my life to help others, only to be dummped on at the drop of a hat. I can hear NAN right now saying " you give an inch they take a mile." or something like this....Yes nan your talking in your sweet southern voice a lot in my head....

I have been doing this for 8 years and lately, it just seems like the parents out there are not how parents used to be. I am not that old that I cant change with the times, but I also just don;t get parents these days.

When do you know its time to throw in the towel?

only you know when its time to throw in the towel

You seem to know the areas you need to improve on, why not take the steps to move forward and do this. Improve in all areas that you can with committed effort.

Don't let people walk on you. Find the backbone that you have but are afraid to use. It's not easy but easier then starting over in this economy right now and then having to take on all new struggles.

Find your passion.......what made you want to do this to begin with. Run with it again.

Good Luck

Comment

I think we all go through spurts of doubt. Sometimes it's plain old hormones.

Sometimes I have several days in a row where I am seething about something and I know it's just that time of the month coming. There's also spurts where you cry at the drop of a hat and other times when you ROAR and wonder where it came from.

Ain't it great being a woman? We are so diverse! ::

I would say that if you go more than 2 straight months feeling this way then it's time to find something else.

It just seems like just when you think you're going to bag it, something really sweet happens with one of the kids and you're sucked right back in.

Go tell your kids that Miss Daycare is feeling down and she could really use a hug. Watch what happens.

Comment

lots of tears today.... thanks for responding...

yes I am sure my emotions are just getting the best of me and that I will feel better...

I lost my last set of kids and while it was a blessing in disguise that it came, I am still very sad. I am stressed too that with todays market I am going to lose everything we have.......My income was all we had............

Comment

My advice would be to sit down on a day where things don't seem too stressful and weigh out the pros and cons. Ask yourself why you are doing this and if there is something out there that would make you happier (and still work out financially, etc)
          I recently got into this and although some days are stressful and I'm learning a lot as I go, it is fun and there are a lot of perks (the money is pretty good, I don't have a boss that I have to answer to, I'm home with my daughter, don't work weekends or holidays, don't work shift work). When I have bad days I remind myself of the positive and know I made the right decision. You have been doing this for 8 years so maybe it is time for a change, just make sure you make a clear decision. Only you know what's best. Good luck to you and hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
            When do you know its time to throw in the towel?
            When I dread getting out of bed every day and only smile when I am faking it.

You have the power to demand the change you need.

Fresh slate, fresh start.

Whether it be outside of the home, or in it...it has to be from you.

Put a star on your calendar...then think.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
              When I dread getting out of bed every day and only smile when I am faking it.

You have the power to demand the change you need.

Fresh slate, fresh start.

Whether it be outside of the home, or in it...it has to be from you.

Put a star on your calendar...then think.
              Reminds me of a little poster my son had on the back of his door while growing up and dealing with the dreaded years where peer pressure and uncool kids could get under your skin and make for a bad day;

Attitude

The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company....a church....a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past....we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is only 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you.....we are in charge of our attitudes. What will you change with yours? ~Charles Swindoll

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Reminds me of a little poster my son had on the back of his door while growing up and dealing with the dreaded years where peer pressure and uncool kids could get under your skin and make for a bad day;

Attitude

The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company....a church....a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past....we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is only 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you.....we are in charge of our attitudes. What will you change with yours? ~Charles Swindoll
                Oh how I needed to read this right now.....that is great!! Thank you so much for taking the time for posting this.... I am going to copy that and hang it some where that I can read it daily!

thanks thanks thanks....sending you cyber hugs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Attitude

I love that!!!!

This is from Cafepress....they sell 234 products with this logo on it. I think It rocks!!
                  Attached Files
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Hang in there, daycare. We've all had that point where enough is enough. Especially with problem kids and even bigger problem parents are concerned. I totally think you're cut out for DC from your posts. You put SO SO SO much into your kids and your program. Time, energy, love, money and a million other things. Anyone that can't see that is a poo poo head.

Comment

Its not you....

....Its the world. ((((Hugs)))) to you Blackcat. I think your mood reflects the mood of our nation right now. Stress, uncertainty and general malaise seems to dominate the national mood. Your mood seems to be in line with the rest of the country.
                      We all have to adapt, cope and plod on as best we can. I don't think its so simple as PMS. I bet your DCK's love you to pieces. Your DCP's do too, but they, like everyone else, are having a hard time showing it. Hang in there. We are all in this together.
                      Last edited by Michael; 10-12-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meyou View Post
                        Hang in there, daycare. We've all had that point where enough is enough. Especially with problem kids and even bigger problem parents are concerned. I totally think you're cut out for DC from your posts. You put SO SO SO much into your kids and your program. Time, energy, love, money and a million other things. Anyone that can't see that is a poo poo head.
                        .... glad I am not the only one that says poo poo head.
                        thanks so much for your encourgament... I am sure that everyone at some point feels this way at one time or another.

this is why I love this forum.....thank you for all coming together to make me feel better!!
                        Last edited by Michael; 10-12-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X