Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few Questions If You Do A Newsletter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions If You Do A Newsletter....

what program do you do it in?? Do you have a template you can share or even just describe? Is it multi-column, colorful, topic titles, number of pages, etc.

For years I did one monthly, then it became more like bi-monthly and now I only do one seasonally - I just don't have the after hours time to dedicate to coming up with elaborate newsletters anymore (I do think mine were really pretty, LOL) so I want something a little more simple so I can do them more often again.

I do mine on Word. I have Vista and so I just searched for "newsletter" in their templates tab. I found one that was for a school and I just personalized it for my daycare and changed the pictures. That's probably the best way to go.

Comment

I use a program called smilebox there is a small fee per year BUT I use it for everything! I make my Christmas cards, slideshows, newsletters, photobooks it is amazing
      If you PM your email I can email you an example of my newsletter.

Comment

I got a template off prekinders. I paid I think $1.00 for it. Can't remember. Then I change it every month in Word.

Comment

I do mine on microsoft word, then search for newsletters. I change it up all the time. I also have just started emailing it to parents. If they want they can print out, but I like this because I am now adding pictures of the kids, knowing it wont take up a whole ink cartridge each month!

Comment

Originally posted by lilrugrats View Post
            I do mine on microsoft word, then search for newsletters. I change it up all the time. I also have just started emailing it to parents. If they want they can print out, but I like this because I am now adding pictures of the kids, knowing it wont take up a whole ink cartridge each month!
            Same here

Comment

Originally posted by lilrugrats View Post
              and one of the reasons I stopped doing my cute ones in Printmaster was because of the amount of ink they gobble up. I was thinking of trying to make them a pdf or something so I can email them (can't email the printmaster file if they don't have the program). I will have to try word - I just liked something that looked a little pretty.

Comment

This is what my newsletter looks like every month. I have a section for Preschool & Toddler program information, any news such as days off, holidays, birthdays, announcments, departures, new friends, ect. I also replace the two pictures at the bottom with two recent pictures of my daycare kids (I rotate them each month). I also have a section for Policy Reminders, and our monthly theme days. I usually do my newsletter for the enw month on the ending weekend before the new month.

If you'd like me to send you the template I used, PM me and I'll get it to you
                Attached Files

Comment

We use Microsoft Publisher. The online version. There are hundreds of newletter templates.

Comment

Working...
                  X