Unregistered Daycares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered Daycares

Some parents in Saskatoon are scrambling after local daycares told them they could no longer care for their children.

I can forsee that the rates are going to sky rocket in this area.

Regulations state providers can only have 2 children under 30 months, 3 children 30 months to school aged, and 3 children before and afterschool. 30 Daycares in Saskatoon were over their limit.

IDK, that is still 3 more kids than are allowed here while being unregistered. :confused:

Many places cannot keep even one without registering.

If I could keep 5 being unregistered, I'd let my registration and this whole CDA thing go.

Even with all of that I can only have 6.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

This is nothing new. These limits are already in place under The Child Care Act and the Regulations. Maybe they are starting to enforce it more strictly?

And I really wonder where they got their numbers - how could they know that 30 daycares were over their limits? I know of several in my own local area and I am sure there are many more throughout the province.

I personally find these limitations to be fair. I have always stayed within them and do not desire to take on additional children, 5 preschoolers and 3 school age is plenty! And these limitations do include our children, which is different than some other provinces.

Comment

The ratio limit in saskatoon is the same for both registered and unregisted daycares.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          The ratio limit in saskatoon is the same for both registered and unregisted daycares.
          :confused::confused: What would be the point of anyone registering, then....

Wow, that is odd.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
          X