24 hour fever-free before returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hour fever-free before returning

I have been searching for some "official" (like cdc) documentation that this is the best practice for reducing illness in child care settings. I have this in my sickness policy, but of course parents "don't understand why s/he can't come when they're feeling fine!"
    I know it's my daycare and I have the right to establish my own sicknes policies as I see fit, but I would feel better being able to print out something for the parents where someone that really knows the reasoning behind this guideline explains it rather than doing it just b/c everyone else does (which is really what I did)
    My state guidelines are so vague they would only undercut my policies and make me seem overstrict!
    Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
    I have been searching for some "official" (like cdc) documentation that this is the best practice for reducing illness in child care settings. I have this in my sickness policy, but of course parents "don't understand why s/he can't come when they're feeling fine!"
    I know it's my daycare and I have the right to establish my own sicknes policies as I see fit, but I would feel better being able to print out something for the parents where someone that really knows the reasoning behind this guideline explains it rather than doing it just b/c everyone else does (which is really what I did)
    My state guidelines are so vague they would only undercut my policies and make me seem overstrict!
    Thanks for your help!
    Do you have a copy of "The Good Health Handbook?" There are many illnesses that are deemed contagious all long as there is fever. I would let parents know that the 24 hour period is to make SURE the fever is all gone. Kids are notorious for fevers going down, then spiking back up. Especially when fever reducers are involved! And also to make certain they are no longer contagious and feeling well enough to participate in daily activities. And, because after being sick they need to rest.

Comment

Working...
    X