DCG Not Driniking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCG Not Driniking

When DCG almost 2, she was drinking water when she started and now she is not. It started last week when I noticed that she was having dry diapers.

She did drink for me today when I held the water bottle for her. but she did not drink much. My water is the same.

She is breast fed at home and does not get offered milk at home. I offered to give her BM her but DCM said she does not get enough to pump.

Dcm supplies Latoce-free milk for the kids, DCB will drink it but DCM will not.

I just the same water bottle for all kids and sippies or open cups for milk. I do not do outside cups or spill-proof cups.

Anyway, I have been telling dcm that I have not been getting enough wet diapers from DCG. I have been recording wet vs dry diapers on the app to show dcm why I have needed more diapers.

VENT - Today, I verbally told her that I got 3 dry and 2 wet diapers all day. The app tells her the same thing and she texts me, have you been changing clean diapers? No, I am informing you of dry diapers. - VENT

When I told DCM today, she said they have bottled water and then offered to bring a sippy cup from home because she feels dcg does not know how to use a water bottle that she was using before she went on a water strike at my home. I also do not want to deal outside bottled water, she already brings milk.

Would you allow dcm to bring water from home?

I am going to keep trying to get her to drink but not sure if there is anything else that I should/could do?

You could allow her to bring water from home in her own cup. I always ask for a cup from home that stays here because every kid uses something different.

My 2YOs (and older) don’t go to the bathroom as much as my younger ones. My potty trained 3/5YO go maybe twice (sometimes three times) in an 8 hour day.

I serve milk during breakfast/lunch but they each have a cup of water on the counter they can drink from whenever they want to.
    Last edited by girlmomma; 03-12-2024, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      It is one of my policies to not have outside cups. I have refused other families cups in the past. So I trying to come up with other solutions besides allowing dcm to bend another rule in her favor.

I got Dcg to drink more today by holding the water bottle but she only drinks the minimum. I considered adding vanilla to her water to see if that helps.

Yes the bottles are out all day where she can reach them including at meal times.

I started noticing Dcb is not drinking water anymore to but he has been drinking milk. She doesn't drink milk either.

However dcb not drinking could be to avoid going to the bathroom here as he will hold it until it hurts and then wet himself.

More NOT DRINKING posts:

Comment

There’s not much you can do besides offer it and have it available. If the parents aren’t concerned, then I wouldn’t be either. Around 2 is when they start to learn to hold their bladder more often and that could be signs that the child is ready to start learning to go potty. If you are concerned, then tell the mom to start counting how many wet diapers the child has per day. I have a 2 year old that goes 2-3 x max per day with me and she drinks tons of liquids. Another 2 year old that goes all day (6+ diapers).

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        sahm1225

DCG is sick, she has an ear infection. I sent her home today when she would not stop crying without being held. DCM had not even gotten to work.

• sahm1225
        sahm1225 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alwaysgreener - what makes me sad is that there is no way that DCM didn’t notice. Shame on thrm

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        sahm1225

Every time I tell her something she makes an excuse, including dcg temping higher than normal that morning.

I so want to term by saying "Due to not taking my concerns seriously about dcg health, I am terminating your contract"

FYI Dcg has given me three wet diapers and drank more than last week.

Comment

You can get kid friendly sugar free flavoring packets for water at any grocery store & Walmart and that might get her to drink more.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
          Alwaysgreener commented
          Editing a comment
          Springvalley

She was not drinking because she was sick with an ear infection. Now that she has gotten better she is drinking her water again. So much that I had to refill it today.
      Working...
      X