Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

Backstory as to how everything started.
    December 2022, a coworker of mine bought the center where I work at from the previous owners. During 2022, we had 2 employee's get hired, one employee quit with a one week notice and one who was the mother of another employee take a lunch break, take her grandchild and leave not only did all that happen but we also find out that another employee is retiring but decided to work approximately 3 days per week. Fast forward to this year, we recently hired 2 new employee's and 2 employee's quit. We are having a major problem with the following things and are fixing to have a meeting to discuss what will happen regarding these things
    1) Employee's staying on their phones instead of watching the children
    2) Evening teacher's not cleaning the room they are in before they leave, not putting things back where they belong and keeping everything sanitized
    3) Teachers telling parents what happened during the day expanding on what's being told (e.g. Parent was told child had a bad first day was crying etc and child had a rough morning but got better as the day went on)
    4) Assistant manager went and told the owner that i yelled at her but wasn't true!

Fastforward to this year, hired 2 new employee's one employee quit and we also hired another "helper" to help in the evenings after school wherever needed and whatever needs to be done. Helper comes in about 2pm or so and stays until approximately 5pm or so and is supposed to help wherever they are needed. Instead of helping school age teacher and myself as well such as fixing snack, passing out snack etc. she sits on her tail and looks at her phone or chitchats with the school age teacher. Whenever they go outside instead of cleaning up the snack area such as dumping the drinks etc., I'm left to dump the school age snack myself and if I'm needed outside or in another classroom, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and help where ever is needed right then plus try to get whatever I need to get done such as make milks, wash sippies etc. instead of everyone contacting the other "helper" and asking her to do it. Then whenever I say anything about it, everyone thinks i'm complaining including the owner!!! Not only is all of this happeneing but the "assistant director" is complaining to me about me complaining and then they are getting complaints from other teachers about me supposidely being on my phone and I'm never on my phone unless I'm not doing anything, it's naptime or I'm answering a text or taking a call.

Sorry, but you seem unhappy there and you may not realize that you are coming across as complaining. Has the owner talked to you or given you a performance review?

Comment

There’s so much there to respond to but i will start with - what is role? What are your responsibilities?

and second - why do you stay? It sounds like the place is total chaos

Comment

Working...
      X