X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Is Sick

EVERYONE

That is all.

There's so much going around right now. I hope you all feel better soon.

Comment

I am pleased to report that one of us is actually sick enough to be sent home.

I am annoyed to report that it isn't me.

Comment

I caught bronchitis from my 3 year old niece. Definitely respiratory issues everywhere. I’m doubling my zinc and C.

Comment

I've been diagnosed with a bacterial sinus infection, so I'm just powering through it, but I just coughed so hard that I gave myself a nosebleed and I'm not having the best time

Comment

And now I've got three kids out with fevers and one out vomiting so

It's gonna be a quiet day

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
              And now I've got three kids out with fevers and one out vomiting so

It's gonna be a quiet day
              I had a round of temps a few weeks ago but hoping we are all on the mend now. to you. Hang in there!
              Last edited by Annalee; 12-05-2023, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I had one out for an ear infection. Knock on wood, we’ve been healthy!

DH had a stomach bug Sunday night. He was fine Monday morning.

Comment

We've been fairly lucky so far. Since the week before Thanksgiving, the kids have all had that virus that comes with a lingering cough that seems to be going around and a possible case of pink eye but (knock on wood!) other than that, they've been relatively healthy. I don't wish them ill but I could use a break from some of them! ;-) ;-)

Comment

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A cut off rule sounds like a great idea. It probably wouldn't have helped me in this instance but it's not a bad policy to have. My husband and I have been talking about installing a whole house generator as a result of this latest outage. Was it super expensive to do?

• Alwaysgreener
                    Alwaysgreener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes it was almost $10, 000. We had propane so it was a little less then my neighbor that just got natural gas. I used an home improvement grant to o do it.

I don't have anything in writing on my cut off time it is just how I do things. When I message to give them an heads up about the power outage, I say if I don't get power by x time then I am going to close.

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like the idea of giving them a time at which you'll close if the power isn't back on. I'll have to remember that for the next time - which may be tomorrow if the next storm that's headed our way is as bad as they say!

$10,000?!! Yikes!! I guess we'll just be crossing our fingers and hoping the power isn't out too long whenever it goes out.

dcg3 mother text Wednesday that the child woke up with blister sores in her mouth which sounds like hand/foot/mouth but the doctor said it was strep and she could return today but I told her NO; we've had that before and doctors call it strep or hfm or roseola....whatever, I get the final choice. I sure don't won't that going around during Christmas break.

Comment

• e.j.
                    e.j. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't blame you! I wouldn't want that in my house anytime but especially not right before Christmas. Hopefully no one else is contagious and just not showing symptoms yet.

I woke up with headache, sinus crud, aches, etc. Sunday morning....tested myself for covid but negative.....hoping to get through the next three days and then some chill-time.

Comment

• girlmomma
                    girlmomma commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ve been taking Vitamin C like crazy. I hope you feel better!

• Annalee
                    Annalee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm a many-vitamin taker but I think I just had been exposed too much to sickness recently....just couldn't fight it off! I rarely am sick.

I ended up with bronchitis and an ear infection and I've got a rescue inhaler and a very strong antibiotic and they stuck a steroid shot right in my butt.

"Give me your hip," they said. "That's not my hip!" I said. "Well, we CALL it the hip," they said.

Comment

I'm feeling better but am left with a hacking cough which is annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X