Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning Nap Time

Hello everyone,

I currently care for three children under the age of 2. The one that is 15 months old and is full-time (7am-5pm) takes 2 naps here because he gets tired and fussy in the morning.
    His mom insists that he takes only 1 nap between 10-1, but I want him to take his nap from 1-3 which is our daycare nap time! The mom says that he can't stay up until 1 since he wakes up early in the morning.
    I prefer all the kids to nap together because I don't want them to wake up each other and also I need a break as well! So what do you guys think I should do?

I would nap at 10 and 1.

I would do a nap in the morning between 9-10 but wake the child after 45-60 minutes. Then nap again at 1. Dcm asks, yes you put him down around 10.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      When asked how long did he sleep just added both times together or approximate.

Stand your ground. If DCM doesn’t like it, let her know you’ll accept this as her two week notice.

My kids (ages 12 months+) nap at the same time, period. I don’t bend on this rule at all. I need a break! My DCK’s nap time is 1-3, sometimes 12:30-3. My infants are on their own schedule, but usually around 9-11 months old, their sleep schedule is very similar to my older groups schedule. My current 11MO sleeps from 11:30-2:30/3:00, depending on his day. This gives me about an hour and a half break before he wakes up.

At 15 months, the child should be napping with the older group. If he does need/you feel he needs a morning nap, lay him down for 45 minutes around 10 AM and then combine the two naps like the previous poster mentioned.

Comment

Working...
    X