Where is Everyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Everyone ?

I’m guessing most providers and employees went onto Facebook type groups. I don’t see half the activity I used to. ( Former daycare worker here ).

I am still here.

Comment

Still here. This new forum layout is not highly indexed in the search engines. So it doesn’t get the same traffic as out old https://www.daycare.com/forum Forum. While this forum allows for new members to post, the old forum does not. It may find its footing again. It depends on the search engines and member participation.

Comment

I lurk here a lot but don’t post often since I’ve been out of daycare for a couple years. I’ll post off topic stuff or jump in when I think it’s in my wheelhouse or feel a different perspective is warranted. I admit to feeling uncomfortable posting advice/suggestions when it’s not my day to day anymore. But since I still teach cpr/first aid to providers I like keeping an ear to the industry.

Comment

• Michael
          Michael commented
          Editing a comment
          You’ve contributed a lot of great stuff to this forum over the years. Even your knife forging commentary and photos. It just makes the knowledge-base here that much more interesting.

I think alot of posters are still here; just not as much posting......same for myself.....I enjoy reading and keeping up but some days I don't post!

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
          Alwaysgreener commented
          Editing a comment
          I was going to say something similar. I am reading daily but do not always have time to respond. Sometimes, I take a few minutes just before bed to type something.

• Annalee
          Annalee commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure about everyone else but some days 'my mind is spent'.....I do like where I am in my child care career and am enjoying the new 'teamwork' approach within my state but I'm older now so my mind stays so full with family/daycare......thus some days just not posting/talking/etc.

I’m here but extremely busy and don’t have much time to post. I have a tough class this year—several kids with behavior issues.

Comment

I'm still here and a newish member, from the old forums. I'm new to the career, so really can't post much that would add value vs asking questions.

Can the old forum have a redirect to a landing page which asks you if you want to go to the new forum or access the archived forum?

Comment

• Michael
            Michael commented
            Editing a comment
            The old forum is well indexed in the search engines. If we redirected visitors to the new forum, Google would eventually drop the old forum from its searches. That doesn’t mean the new forum will replace its strong standing in search results. It takes months and years to get elevated in Google. I wouldn’t want to chance getting dropped.

I am still here on and off. I haven't signed in because I am just really busy. But it's SO good to see old names <3

Comment

Thanks everyone. I know I see a lot of daycare posts on FB, but some of the providers definitely don’t seem as professional as the providers on here. I guess some of you are on FB though. I hope you can all teach the newbies the correct ways.

Comment

• Michael
              Michael commented
              Editing a comment
              We have oversight and moderators here that make sure the dialog is professional and useful. We’ve banned any trolls and spammers. We’ve been here since 2007

• Alwaysgreener
              Alwaysgreener commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah some of those FB groups are just full of under the table illegally operating day cares and if they get wind that you are not, they will block you from every group that they can.
          Working...
          X