Venmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venmo

DCF pays me via Venmo every Sunday. I can count on the money being in my account Monday morning.

This week, DCF paid me on Sunday, but the payment didn’t hit my account Monday. I assumed it was because of the holiday and maybe things were backlogged with the bank. I know this happens with our local credit union.

Today, still no payment. I went to check Venmo (as other payments that were made on Monday hit my account today) and it says the payment is pending in Venmo. When I looked it up on Venmo’s website, it said the payer could have insufficient funds/there could be a delay in transfer from the bank.

I want to also add - my aunt sent me birthday money. That transfer also hasn’t hit my personal account.

What would you do in this situation? This has never happened to me before with any parent or Venmo.
    Last edited by girlmomma; 11-14-2023, 06:00 AM.

I would call the CU and see if they are seeing the transfer on their end.

If they can't then text the parent and tell them that their payment has not cleared yet. If it doesn't clear by x day than you are going to need a cash payment by Friday. (Another words, treat it like a bounced check.) And cash going forward until it is cleared up.

If you don't use Venmo business, you may need to start, if you call do not mention your day care, your account will most likely be locked.

I would consider telling all parents that you are having issues with Venmo and need cash or checks until it is all sorted out, especially if you only have a personal account.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      Note to self to add a bounced electronic payment policy to handbook.

Originally posted by Alwaysgreener View Post
    I would call the CU and see if they are seeing the transfer on their end.

If they can't then text the parent and tell them that their payment has not cleared yet. If it doesn't clear by x day than you are going to need a cash payment by Friday. (Another words, treat it like a bounced check.) And cash going forward until it is cleared up.

If you don't use Venmo business, you may need to start, if you call do not mention your day care, your account will most likely be locked.

I would consider telling all parents that you are having issues with Venmo and need cash or checks until it is all sorted out, especially if you only have a personal account.

I am not sure where they bank at to call and see if it has cleared on their end or not.

My Venmo is a regular Venmo account. I don’t like paying service fees. I could always just accept payment thru brightwheel if I wanted to deal with the service fees. My Venmo is linked with my personal account and my business account, since you can add multiple accounts to Venmo. I’ve never had an issue doing it this way in two years.

My SIL is also a provider. She also noticed that a payment didn’t come through. It’s possible there is an outage, unless Venmo changed the way they do transfers and there are insufficient funds. I just don’t want to offend any parents and accuse them of something until I know for sure. Ya know?

I am absolutely adding an electronic payment policy.

Comment

Originally posted by girlmomma View Post

I am not sure where they bank at to call and see if it has cleared on their end or not.

My Venmo is a regular Venmo account. I don’t like paying service fees. I could always just accept payment thru brightwheel if I wanted to deal with the service fees. My Venmo is linked with my personal account and my business account, since you can add multiple accounts to Venmo. I’ve never had an issue doing it this way in two years.

My SIL is also a provider. She also noticed that a payment didn’t come through. It’s possible there is an outage, unless Venmo changed the way they do transfers and there are insufficient funds. I just don’t want to offend any parents and accuse them of something until I know for sure. Ya know?

I am absolutely adding an electronic payment policy.
      I used Venmo for 5 years and did not have a problem until I did. When I created an account, Venmo only had personal accounts. Some of my parents would put invoice numbers, some put week of and some put dck names in the memo then suddenly I was flagged.

The main reason why I liked Venmo was because I got the transfer the next day. I have yet to find one (other than PayPal) that I trust and get my money the next day.

After I closed Venmo, I had parents pay me through PayPal. I do not tell them how to pay but only had one out of four dcm that pay as a service vs friend.

Anyways, I meant for you to call your CU and ask, they can call you clients bank to check if there is any funds.

Don't tell the parent it is their fault blame it on Venmo but not your CU. If they don't have enough funds, they can fix that and make it look like Venmo was fixed.

Say Dcd, there is a glitch with Venmo currently, I am not sure what is going on but your transfer and another transfer is still pending. I am going to need everyone to bring check or cash on Monday until I can get this cleared up. In the meantime, can you help me out by checking to see if Venmo has come out of your account. (Of course only tell him and still have everyone else pay with Venmo if you want)

You could have your Aunt check too.

But you don't need to take a chance to have another one pending. From what I heard, if Venmo suspects business transaction happening on personal account they refund the buyer.

Comment

• girlmomma
        girlmomma commented
        Editing a comment
        If that’s the case, I’ll go to cash only and save myself the headache. The people I have in Venmo only put the name of the child.

I’m going to give it until tomorrow. My families won’t pay until next week. If the money doesn’t come through then I’m going to say something.

I’d have the parent figure it out.
      Making sure I get their payment is on them and not my job to follow up on.
      If it’s pending and you know it’s not your issue I wouldn’t want to spend the time tracking it down

I require Venmo payments to be made on Thursdays before 10:00 am to ensure it posts to my bank by payment due date (Friday by 5PM) and if they pay after Thursday/10am they must include the instant transfer fee so I can use that option but not pay for their lateness.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        So last week I got so busy and did not realize that Friday was vets day observed and the banks would be closed. Even though all the parents had paid early, I still did not transfer the funds from PayPal to my account until Friday morning. So I went all weekend without my payments. I would have been better off not making the transfer and just spending through Paypal.
    Working...
    X