Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goody Bags for Thanksgiving

Hi everyone!
    Do you usually give out goodie bags to kids during Thanksgiving? I have two 1 year olds and have no idea what to give them? Any ideas?

Not sure goody bags would matter to one year olds but you can do some Thanksgiving crafts with them that you could include in your goody bags for their parents. Here are some ideas.

Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Comment

I don't do anything major for any holidays. Holidays memories are meant to be with families.

​​​​​​I may do something small but I don't make a big stink. I don't give candy, just stickers. I might do a holiday craft but low-key so that it seems like an everyday craft to them.

I give gifts to the parent for the kid and don't ask for credit.

Remember if you celebrate one holiday, you could get request for holidays you don't celebrate and discrimination charges if you opt not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Not sure goody bags would matter to one year olds but you can do some Thanksgiving crafts with them that you could include in your goody bags for their parents. Here are some ideas.

https://chat.daycare.com/forum/main-...ksgiving-ideas
        Thank you for sharing the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Alwaysgreener View Post
          I don't do anything major for any holidays. Holidays memories are meant to be with families.

ââââââI may do something small but I don't make a big stink. I don't give candy, just stickers. I might do a holiday craft but low-key so that it seems like an everyday craft to them.

I give gifts to the parent for the kid and don't ask for credit.

Remember if you celebrate one holiday, you could get request for holidays you don't celebrate and discrimination charges if you opt not to.
          Good point! But can you really do holiday crafts with a one year old?
          I gave them a goody bag for Halloween and am planning to give them gifts for Christmas, but I can’t think of anything to do for Thanksgiving…. I’m not really sure what the norm is?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Good point! But can you really do holiday crafts with a one year old?
            I gave them a goody bag for Halloween and am planning to give them gifts for Christmas, but I can’t think of anything to do for Thanksgiving…. I’m not really sure what the norm is?
            You could Google handprint Turkeys or table setting place mat. Paint the child's hand and use a hand print for turkey feathers or on/next to the plate. If you can laminate or clear shelf paper it.

Or a good fall craft is taking clear shelf paper and let the child stick leaves to it. Then stick it to construction paper.

Also, one time I took the brown paper that comes in packages, flatten it and traced the child. Cut out and drew a face, then let the child color it. Dcm loved it, I had captured her childs size. I never got so much compliments over a silly craft.

Comment

I did goody bags for Halloween and I always purchase gifts for the kids. I spend less than $10/kid. I get the same thing for everyone. This year, they’re all getting Play-doh sets. The boys are getting a dinosaur Play-doh set and the girls are getting a unicorn set. The infant is getting stackable rings.

I’ve never done anything for Thanksgiving. I’ve considered disguising Tom the Turkey this year (or whatever it is called) but I think the 2’s would struggle with it.

Comment

I hate that kids think every holiday means a treat/gift or something special

NOT directed at OP… just venting my frustration on the topic in general.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
                Alwaysgreener commented
                Editing a comment
                That's one of the main reasons that what ever I do is low key.

• Annalee
                Annalee commented
                Editing a comment
                ABSOLUTELY AGREE! we've decided to have our annual pancakes and pajamas but NO gifts this year......just offering a joyful pajama day. Then we don't have the stress of picking gifts and kids don't have the stress of letting us know they don't like the gift and parents don't have the stress of hoping their kids are nice about the gift they don't like....WIN-WIN BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
            Working...
            X