Excepted DCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excepted DCM

Dcm is due in mid December. She has not mentioned maternity leave plans nor asked about care for the baby. It seems to be a trend for parents to not ask for me, I am not sure if they assume there is a spot available or not. Half of them leave for one reason or another after baby is born.
    (Covid, my own pregnancy, day care hopper, teacher, became stay at home mom...)

Anyways, how and when do bring up maternity leave?

I had one family bring it up when they were 8 weeks pregnant. Paid the infant deposit and then left shortly after due to conflicting schedules. It was very strange.

The other two times, I had to bring it up around the time they were 7/8 months pregnant. I sent home the form and they had to return it within one week.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
      Alwaysgreener commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I have sent home or emailed a letter before when they have not brought it up themselves. She is about 8 months now, so I need to get something sent out soon.

I always give them date when I have the opening; whenever that is, could be before or after baby is born; I don't give THEM the option; when my opening is is when they can start or not start.....I don't hold spots for anyone....

Comment

Working...
    X