IL New ECE Agency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL New ECE Agency?

I want to be positive about this one. It could be a really good thing for the industry in Illinois. However- I can’t get past my cynical view of IL politics. So my guess is it will either A)never go anywhere meaning it was probably just a cute way to get some favors/ $$$ to supporters, or B) it’s going to be SSDD only now with new letterhead.
    What do y’all think?

I thinks it’s A) and, yes, politics swayed my choice.

Comment

There’s a lot of politicians behind it that seem to be very helpful with ECE so I’m really hopeful…. But we’ve seen so many new programs (birth to five, we the village, etc.) lately that who knows

Comment

Dave- Are you still in ECE? I can’t remember.

did you see the new grant programs is only for providers that have 10% CCAP always enrolled? I participated in a focus group about it and they seemed shocked that some areas don’t always get CCAP families and tha it’s not that we’re declining families

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
          Alwaysgreener commented
          Editing a comment
          Back in 2016/17 there was a grant that was for providers that had a child that was state pay (which I am assuming CCAP is to you)

When I got a call about the grant then , they asked me and my response was "no I don't have any state pay but I also don't get any calls for it either".

In ten years I have only had 3 families get approved for state pay. Currently I have one family.

• Alwaysgreener
          Alwaysgreener commented
          Editing a comment
          To answer your question you asked Dave, he no longer is in ECE.

• DaveA
          DaveA commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m out. I keep a pinky toe in the industry teaching CPR/ First Aid for homes and centers. So I kind of hear what’s going on.
          I’d heard about the grant. I get what they’re trying to do. In 15 years I had 4 state pay kids, all foster/ pending adoption cases. I would have taken more, but never had the applications. So yeah- I would be a tiny bit grumbly if I was still active and ineligible. I will say a strong sentiment around here is stuff like that are for programs in the cities and small town programs are ignored/ told to go pound sand.
          Last edited by DaveA; 11-03-2023, 03:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
      Working...
      X