Parents Night Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Night Out

I am thinking of putting together a “Parents Night Out” on a Friday evening and opening it to the public with limited spaces. We’ll do crafts, I’ll serve dinner and we’ll watch a movie. Have any of you ever offered something like this? Was it successful? How much did you charge, if anything? I’m considering doing this in December free of charge to my current families, my gift to them. I want to see if they’d pay first before I offer freebies.

Side note - It’s so crazy how things change!!! In August, I didn’t have an opening until 2026, my spots were filled and I had accepted a deposit for an infant spot, filling the spot for my Kindergarten age out next August. Since then, I lost a foster child and the expectant family due to scheduling conflicts. My main advertising account was hacked and I no longer have access to it so I have to start completely over. I am trying to think of a way to bring in two new families and I felt like this might be a good idea to bring in extra cash and new families.

I don't offer after-hour care. For one, I already take enough hours from my own kids. however, I may consider it if I was single and licensing approved extra hours. (I am licensed 6 to 6)

I would also have to have all the families complete the same amount of paperwork for liability reasons whether they paid or not.

I would be more likely to remove the care from my home and head to the park. Have a little daycare is turning x years old party at the park. (cotton candy or popcorn, bounce house, crafts, games, and prizes.) Have daycare gift bags that include info about your daycare and a referral card that gives the person who referred a gift card.

I have also seen daycares with booths at local events or expos.

Some Daycares have had an open house for their daycare, where anyone off the street could stop for a tour and sign up on the spot, but that holds liability and loses the ability to screen families.

Comment

Here are some more posts on Parents Night Out https://chat.daycare.com/search?sear...t+out%22%5D%7D

Comment

Before I had my own children I offered Saturday Care from 8-4 at double the price.....I limited it to the first four to sign up.....I did that once a month for a long time. People WILL pay.....BUT I can't imagine doing that now

Comment

girlmomma what did you ever decide what to do?

Comment

Alwaysgreener I haven’t done anything with it yet. I had one family that wanted to do it, the other families didn’t say.

I think they’d all end up doing it though. It’s just figuring out a good day to do it

Comment

Working...
            X