Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Terminate a Part-Time Infant?

Hi everyone!

I currently have 3 infants at my daycare. One of them is full-time and the two others are part-time. Here in CA, you are allowed to take care of either 4 infants ONLY, or 2 infants and 4 toddlers (6 children).
    I came to the conclusion that it's hard for me to control 3 babies at the same time and also I think I would prefer to take care of 2 babies and 4 toddlers. Is there any way I could terminate one of the part-time infants for this reason? I feel bad about this and I also worry that they might write a bad review for me.

Do they pay part time rate or full time?
    what is the ages of each infant?

I have different ratio to follow but there was a point that I didn't think i was going to make it with 2 infants and I decided to give it a month, guess what it got easier as they got older and then I had two toddlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwaysgreener View Post
      Do they pay part time rate or full time?
      what is the ages of each infant?

I have different ratio to follow but there was a point that I didn't think i was going to make it with 2 infants and I decided to give it a month, guess what it got easier as they got older and then I had two toddlers.
      They pay a part-time rate. Full-time baby is 12 months old, one of the part-time babies is 15 months old, and the one that I think of terminating is 12 months old. That's what I thought at first, waiting 9 months for the 15-month-old to turn 2, but I can't wait that long moneywise.

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        So CA ratio is 24 months not 12 months?

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        How often are all three in attendance on the same day. Maybe you could get one of them to switch days so that you only have two babies a day and still have the income.

Tell them it's a business decision and you can make more money caring for six full-time children. If they ask for full-time, tell them the price will be the price of three children (one spot for them and pay for the other two spot you can't fill due to ratio/capacity). Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Hi everyone!

I currently have 3 infants at my daycare. One of them is full-time and the two others are part-time. Here in CA, you are allowed to take care of either 4 infants ONLY, or 2 infants and 4 toddlers (6 children).
        I came to the conclusion that it's hard for me to control 3 babies at the same time and also I think I would prefer to take care of 2 babies and 4 toddlers. Is there any way I could terminate one of the part-time infants for this reason? I feel bad about this and I also worry that they might write a bad review for me.
        If it were me, I'd explain it in terms of wanting what's best for the child. I'd say something like, "I thought I could care for 3 babies at the same time, but I realize now that it's more difficult to do than I had anticipated. Unfortunately, I'm just not able to give the kind of time and attention to your baby that I am used to giving to each child in my care. While I've enjoyed having Johnny here with me and feel terrible having to say this, I've decided it would be best o end our childcare agreement as of (date). Thank you for your understanding."
        Last edited by e.j.; 09-19-2023, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
          Tell them it's a business decision and you can make more money caring for six full-time children. If they ask for full-time, tell them the price will be the price of three children (one spot for them and pay for the other two spot you can't fill due to ratio/capacity). Make sense?
          It makes sense. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post

If it were me, I'd explain it in terms of wanting what's best for the child. I'd say something like, "I thought I could care for 3 babies at the same time, but I realize now that it's more difficult to do than I had anticipated. Unfortunately, I'm just not able to give the kind of time and attention to your baby that I am used to giving to each child in my care. While I've enjoyed having Johnny here with me and feel terrible having to say this, I've decided it would be best o end our childcare agreement as of (date). Thank you for your understanding."
            That's also a good idea! Thank you!

Comment

"I am changing my business model and capping my infant enrollment at two spaces." Nothing that says you took their kid and then realized you couldn't care for them effectively. Don't let them get you into an argument. If they ask why their infant was selected as out of somebody else's, explain that the families who have had their contract with you the longest are keeping their spaces.

Comment

Raise rates for part timers substantially and they will leave on their own.

Comment

Working...
                X