Infant Deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infant Deposit

I decided I am going to enroll DCK’s infant sibling next August. I took a deposit for the infant.

The baby won’t be born until March. If I put the deposit in now, I have to claim it on my 2023 taxes… but DCP won’t be able to claim the deposit on their 2023 taxes since the baby won’t be born, right? However, I want the deposit now to hold the spot.

Can anyone tell me how this works? Do I put the deposit under the sibling so we can both claim it this year?

I use brightwheel for reference and I haven’t found a way to invoice a family, I can only invoice per child.

They claim the deposit this year since they paid it this year.
    It won't make a difference on their end whether or not you put it under one child or the other. But for your record you need to put it under the child not under the sibling.

Something Tom said once which makes the whole running in daycare illegally so stinking hilarious. My state you have to have a license no matter the number of children that you care for in your home. However say my neighbor is running illegally unlicensed at the end of the year they can still claim all of their expenses and income as if they were legal and the state won't do anything about it. Same goes for families they can claim anybody as their child care and they don't have to show proof of who they used.

Now most people don't know this and that's why illegally unlicensed daycares do it under the table.

Comment

Thank you!

I am legally unlicensed in my state, but I do have a LLC set up.

Comment

Yes your licensed exempt. I which I could be, it is time for my inspection and my licensor doesn't like me and threaten me when I disagreed with a violation, I said that it should be warning since there was never a handrail and it never bothered him before (6-7 years)

Last he comes with a chaperone but that didn't help because she sided with him when he said i was late getting a certain training, I asked for proof and he refused then she backed him up. I appealed and won, but they denied he was in the wrong. The next day an email reminder happened stating I still had time to complete, another two months.

I am so nervous, I could puke, plus now I am homeschool my kids and DD is sick today.

Comment

• girlmomma
          girlmomma commented
          Editing a comment
          I probably wouldn’t do this if I had to go through that all the time. Bless you for sticking with it!!!
      Working...
      X