This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hsm

"If you want a quick way to check her reading fluency and comprehension levels to choose books, let me know. I have a free site you can use."

Can you give me the name of the site you use for reading fluency?

Comment

Easy cbm. There is a paid version but the free lite version has been plenty for me for years.
      I hope the homeschool/daycare combo is working out for you this fall!

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        hsm I am not seeing any limits for the lite version. Am I missing something? It looks like I can have 200 kids and do as many test that I want.
        I had DD do one of the math test today. We will have to do a reading test next week.

• hsm
        hsm commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. The lite version is what I use too. No need to use the paid version.

Originally posted by hsm View Post
      Easy cbm. There is a paid version but the free lite version has been plenty for me for years.
      I hope the homeschool/daycare combo is working out for you this fall!
      It has its ups and downs. I was a bit late in deciding on the curriculum for my kids. My son was easy, K, since I lost my preschool dcg, I am having him do the Carol curriculum I bought with the younger child. Then he chose between DOU or Khan app on my tablet and I have 4 preschool/K books that his great aunt bought him. I also got a DK science book, pre-k, and K . He is enjoying it and tells people he is homeschooled.

With DD, I tried to get Math U See but since she was in PS it was harder to decide which book to start with. So I went with EP Math and ELA plus Grammer Fix It (3 levels, both books for $36 on eBay), science is A Beka science and health, and Social Studies I got DK Geopaghy and pocket history books. DD has a notebook for Copy work with a list of verses and she reads daily and has morning work to start with. However, she has her days when she does not want to work and days she gets up early and gets right to work. (One day she was up before me)

EP was about $35, Grammer FIx it about $12, Abeka $45 plus a new workbook and test $20, and Social Studies about $20. Then about $13 on DK science plus the 100 days to read book for $10

I found this poster online and I printed out and framed it. It sits in front of her while she works, I point to it or read it when she does not want to learn.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Alwaysgreener
        Alwaysgreener commented
        Editing a comment
        So far I like EP, Grammar, and DK books but am overly annoyed with the number of books with A Beka. See there is the poster book, lesson planner, workbook, workbook answers, worksheet/quiz book, worksheet/ quiz answers, test book, and test answers. Why so many books? And why is the worksheet in with the quizzes and why not combine the test and quizzes instead.

So if you have a science suggestion that does not contain so many books, let me know.

• hsm
        hsm commented
        Editing a comment
        Workbooks and quizzes together is relatively common. I usually remove the quizzes from the workbook and store them separately to my kids don't see them before they take them. If you don't love all the teacher books, you can potentially have them unbound and put into a binder or bound together
        at an office supply store.
        Apologia is a popular and sound Protestant science curriculum. I don't know how many pieces there are to that aside from a student text and teacher's guide. I've used Elemental Science combined with Classically Catholic Memory and and using Easy Peasy Zoology for this year only.
        Last edited by hsm; 09-22-2023, 01:19 PM. Reason: Clicked post too soon.
    Working...
    X